FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2981 - 3000 of 3047 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,212 Posts
New antigravity lithium battery. We'll see how that works out. Headed to the Ozarks, check out some colors.
Should be beautiful, we were out at Table Rock lake last weekend and everything was in full color.

Reactions: natsmada4fjr

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Should be beautiful, we were out at Table Rock lake last weekend and everything was in full color.
Table Rock Lake is where I learned to water ski when I was 10 years old! Thanks for reminding me about that fantastic lake. ;)

Nats

Reactions: Oldjeep

·
Registered
08 FJR13AX
437 Posts
Replaced my grips with some dandy Pro Grip 102 foam Superbike grips.
Nice... I had some other "superbike" foam grips on there (Johar?)... but they were difficult.. too fat and oddly tapered. Kind of like their owner.
But these guys felt great today; you have tight hand control but just enough foam to kill half the vibes.

Also - backed way out on my fork Compression Damping; it had been way in, (I ignorantly thought there were only about 12 or 15 clicks.. it pays to check). Previously it was too stiff - now it's PLUSH, at out around 13 clicks out. (PS I'm using Sonic springs to my weight).

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
2,152 Posts
Replaced my grips with some dandy Pro Grip 102 foam Superbike grips. Nice... I had some other "superbike" foam grips on there (Johar?)
But these guys felt great today; you have tight hand control but just enough foam to kill half the vibes.
Greg,

There are several ways to reduce or eliminate the bad vibes. Here are some, and there may be more.
Vibration

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a wealth of useless information, and tracking my fuel mileage is part of it. I've used fuelly for a long time, and got this today.....

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
551 Posts
Got up at O'dark hundred, rode up about 100 miles to Cape Canaveral to watch the SpaceX launch, only to be completely fogged in. Then I rode home. Thought it would be more scenic coming down A1A but big mistake, horrible traffic. By the time I got about 1/3 of the way home, I moved over to US1, then I-95 and finally the turnpike. Just wanted to get home at that point. Altho I've lived in FL for 40 years, this was the first time I'd ever actually gone to a launch. I was so disappointed that I couldn't see anything. All we could hear was the roar of the rocket engines as it ascended, then the set of double sonic booms as the rockets re-entered the atmosphere.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,957 Posts
Got up at O'dark hundred, rode up about 100 miles to Cape Canaveral to watch the SpaceX launch, only to be completely fogged in. Then I rode home. Thought it would be more scenic coming down A1A but big mistake, horrible traffic. By the time I got about 1/3 of the way home, I moved over to US1, then I-95 and finally the turnpike. Just wanted to get home at that point. Altho I've lived in FL for 40 years, this was the first time I'd ever actually gone to a launch. I was so disappointed that I couldn't see anything. All we could hear was the roar of the rocket engines as it ascended, then the set of double sonic booms as the rockets re-entered the atmosphere.
My last excursion into Florida to visit the Keys I found the same traffic! From Jax south I did some A1A and US1 only b/c I hadn't been in about 35 yrs but eventually made my way to the turnpike down by Vero Beach. It was well worth it!

·
Registered
08 FJR13AX
437 Posts
At a suggestion of others I also tried Pro Grip #714 gel grips. I never went back to foam.
I have a pair of 714's on my Bandit presently. They're pretty good, but because I run flat drag-bars on that bike, there's a little more pressure on my hands, and I find the heel of my palm get's a little painful after a while using the 714's.
Pretty good otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,957 Posts
I have a pair of 714's on my Bandit presently. They're pretty good, but because I run flat drag-bars on that bike, there's a little more pressure on my hands, and I find the heel of my palm get's a little painful after a while using the 714's.
Pretty good otherwise.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten you prefer more forward lean than I do. I tend to sit up much more so I have very little weight on my wrists & elbows.

·
Premium Member
2015 FJR-1300ESF
711 Posts
Couldn't help myself, ordered some T-Rex crash bars when they were briefly in stock last week, installed them over the last couple days.

Plan in works to mount a (different) weatherproofed 12V USB charger/voltmeter on/near handlebars. I've been using this Mroinge thingy:

but am not entirely happy with it.

·
Registered
2007 FJR 1300A
54 Posts
I changed fluids, took a bunch of stuff apart and laid what I could out on the garage floor, discovered that we're missing several fasteners, will need the CCT upgraded and need a rear shock.

Then promptly put her back together and enjoyed the rest of the partly sunny, almost 80 degree afternoon riding the s*** out of my newly acquired, lovely black cherry beast :D

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,957 Posts
Do your electrical issues involve the ABS or Tcs? Just wondered if the larger rear tire could cause it to "throw a code"?
No, I've never gotten an error code from using a larger rear tire, including 3 different car tires.

·
Registered
2006 FJR1300 AS
22 Posts
My Electrical issues are non related to changing tyres.
BUT...
The day I put them on, and road tested.. I was blown away with how well it handled...exceeded all expectations..
2 days later, hit the starter..it stuggled to turn ova, then smoke came from front of cowling.
Everything looked ok.. disconnected battery, tightened everything again, hit the starter, and it just buzzed into life... GREAT!!
Took it for a spin to the shops, and it road like I had flat tyres.. it was all ova the place like a drunk snake.
Tyres are fine.
Thort perhaps it was the ABS..but no error codes
Front Disk pads do appear to be dragging harder than I would've expected, when I spin the wheel by hand..Pads are sitting properly, and look fine ??:unsure::confused:

2981 - 3000 of 3047 Posts