FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 2353 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I changed windscreens from a Cal Sci Sport tinted shorty to a Cee Bailey plus 2 tinted reverse flip.

Big difference in quality.

The Cal Sci had very rough edges, looked like it was cut with a hack saw and not finished or polished.
The Cee Bailey had a much better finish with the edges polished nicely.

Went for a ride today and I like it!!

Wind protection for me is better than the Cal Sci especially with the screen up all the way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I installed a Stiffy

Reactions: 2GENAE

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My stiffy is being shipped at the moment :D

A stiffening bracket to help support the rear sub frame of the bike.

Reactions: 2GENAE and YodiYami

·
Registered
92 Posts
Waxed the paint, cleaned the air filter, raised the idle from 900rpm to 1100rpm, removed the PAIR and performed the throttle return spring mod to lighten the throttle pull. I was going to perform the Barbarian mod but there's no way in heck that PIN23 is going to come out without a pin extractor. (sigh)

Reactions: FlatTop

·
Registered
145 Posts
Took mine for a 2up ride then came home and gave her a much needed bath, may lay a coat of wax on it today.

Reactions: 2GENAE

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Changed the engine earl and shaft earl.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stiffy what?
The Stiffy is a rear subframe support bracket that prevents failure of the rear subframe when you actually carry something in your trunk.

See Gaurald over on the other forum. They cost $100 and take about an hour to install.

Reactions: 96fordsix

·
Registered
90 Posts
Installed mcl driver foot peg lowering brackets. Snow forecast. Can't try them for afew days yet. Feel great sitting on the bike. And waxed her. Again

·
Registered
37 Posts
Went for an 80 mile ride and it was only 28°F! Man I hope spring gets here soon!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Put MCL lowering pegs on both sides and the Two Brothers Black Carbons. Got some popping on decel, not sure if I'll de-pair or not. Found the highway pegs won't fit with the canyon cage. More to do next weekend.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I installed 1" bar risers. So far, I like the change, but will have to wait for a seriously long ride to see if they cure the "between the shoulders" ache from previous rides.

Putting new tires on it this week.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Put on the new PR4 rear tire. Greased all of the driveshaft and u joint spines. new diff oil too. It was in the 20's this morning so I'll get to ride it after I go home for lunch. I'll ride it back to work and see how the new tires feel.

·
Registered
202 Posts
- I heard my dad say "holy Sh*t" over our intercom. -

Took the FJR out yesterday with dad to go enjoy the countryside. There was an older GSXR in front of us and I thought I'd be playful and catch up to him. I yelled "sport mode!" and kicked into said mode. Grabbed some throttle and I was off. My dad on his Honda 919 was dumbfounded that the big girl got up and hurled herself down the road that quickly. Honestly I am to everytime I switch from Touring. Lol

He said after catching up.. "So apparently you DO still have Ducati like performance, only now it's reliable." LOL

1 - 20 of 2353 Posts