FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going on this ride. Anyone been on it. Looks like a blast. After the ride to Tofino (long beach) I hope to hook up and head to this. Anyone else thinking of going? http://www.rideyukon.com Let me know Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mike,

You've got to be kidding! No? I'm not that good (or brave) to ride the FJR through a foot of snow or more, in -20 deg temps. The Tofino ride is usually the first weekend of Spring, unless John has decided on a later date. I would be interested in doing a Yukon, but later in the summer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey there Peter, great to see you have joined the new board. No dates set yet for the 'First weekend of Spring ride' yet, but will keep you posted.
Hope you and Barb are both well. Cheers and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Merry Christmas John

Looking forward to our annual spring ride, John. I was surprised by the new forum look - really nice. Not yet sure how to go about posting images, but I'll figure it out when I have something worthwhile posting.
Anyway, the very best to you and your family for the holidays.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too am looking forward to the first spring ride. I think Mary is coming to so I am doubly stoked for that. Keep us posted on the dates but the sooner we know the sooner we can book those days off (at least Mary has to book the days)

Let me know your dates as soon as you can. Have a great Christmas and a Happy new Year!

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Mike, yes I will let you know as soon as I get to that stage. Last year was April, which was good, the year before was March and it too was great. Sort of a crap shoot on the best weekend that time of year, but so far we have been pretty lucky. Bringing Mary along, good idea, does she have leathers?
Sorry I won't have the time for the Yukon trip this year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings Fellow BC-ites. The spring ride to Tofino sounds great. Please keep me in the loop as to when this will happen. I will be in Victoria this January for a few weeks and look forward to meeting some of the FJR riders.
Kone

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably see yah there Moneill. Whitehorse is just a few hours from me. Was gonna go last year but work got in the way that weekend. There's a place to stay that you can park your bikes inside an underground garage. (locked) And all the businesses are within walking distance. I think it's called the Riverview. Seems like it costs about 90 bucks Canadian for a double.

Lots of fun around Whitehorse. The run to Skagway is a hoot if the weather is good. The run up to Dawson is an adventure and the road is paved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.