FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just wanted to say hello. I've taken a day or so to click through the site to get a feel of the personas. So far, so good.

Also, I got back from Daytona that Moday afternoon and ran to the phone to my local dealer (current bike - V-Star) after speaking with the reps and them telling me the "deal" with the specail orders.....we all know the story by now.

Long story short, Tuesday they call me at work, cell and everything else they could to tell me that they have one (and only one) bike comming in. So, after slightly speeding to the dealer from work, I put my deposit down with a delivery date as being the end of March/early April. I really don't care how they got it. My wait begins.

Hey that wasn't so short afterall....LOL!

FJR owners in the Miami area, please get in contact with me. Cannot wait to ride this machine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome the blurry world of FJR's just twist and try and get the silly grin off your face --enjoy when it arrives

Teejay

·
Registered
372 Posts
yates4, WELCOME ABOARD should have some fun here with the gang.
Look forward to hearing your first impressions of the FJR compared to your VStar.
Hang on, and ride safe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tnanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking through the gallery with biggest and quite possibly the dumbest smile on my face. I just can't wait.

You'll be hearing from me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am also new....

I am also new & wanted to welcome you. The info on this site is great. I am a waiter also. 06 FJR on order since last Oct 4th. My dealer also informed me of my March delivery being pushed back 2 weeks.

I just can't take much more of this anticipation. I think I'm getting an ulcer that only a good long ride will cure. :crylarf:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey War Machine (good choice in names) thanks for the welcome. You must be made of "Steele" to have waited so long and still be in good spirits. :wink:

This will be my first FJR, I know that wait will be worth it! Hang in the. I'm going to call the dealer this morning to see what they say. Hey, post some pics when you can.

I see a Key West trip in my near future....maybe the future will be delayed 2 weeks as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome yates4 and war machine. :D Do yourself a favor and go to FJRTech.com and Take Warchilds maintence advice! I wish I had read this info sooner. I am doing all the lube recomended. So far no problems. But I live in a mild dry climate area. So. Cal.

Great Big thanks to Warchild if your still monitoring this site.
Be Safe, All
Larry

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks to all for the hardy welcomes. Been reading this site (& others) for quite a while. Have read many of the tech tips, farkles & galleries. All great stuff. Keep it coming. I'm sure I will post my comments to many of them too.

And to Yates4 you are talking about my old playground. Years ago me & my buds used to vaction 3 times a year (3 weeks at a time) in the Florida Keys. Camped out in Pennacamp State Park for one week & rent a house in Marathon the next 2 weeks. Would bring our bikes & a speed boat from NYC.

Ride & dive for the entire time. :ale:

But then again that was before marriage & responsiblity! :crylarf:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, i decided to take a ride to the dealer instead of calling (springtime in miami) to get an update. It is always better to handle such things in person, especially when they have my money and bike to be.

I was told that the bike made it from California to the distributor in Georgia. If this is true........then my wait shouldn't be to much longer. That was Sunday.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
71 Posts
mine was due in end of July 2004, then the dealer told me middle of August, then they told me September !! took delivery July 30 , so there is hope to all waiters ! :ale:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome aboard from another Newbie. I am currently riding a Concours and am really looking forward to the FJR. It doesnt bother me a bit the FJR is a little heavier and has taller gearing, it will be a rocket ship compared to the Connie. Still like the Connie, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:roll:
got the word today....mid April.

Well, maybe we won't have a bad hurricane season and I can ride year round.

arkninjazx9- I've never been a patient person and as I grow older it has been getting worse. Maybe I'm being tested, LOL!

Jonesey- i can't say that i'm familiar with your bike, would love to see it if you have a pic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick update.... a buddy found out today that his 06 will be ready Friday for pickup. He is just a few hours away in Orlando. I suspect that those bikes came from Atlanta. Maybe....just maybe i'll get some good news tomorrow. I did happen call today but, my saleperson was off.

Stay tunes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My ship has come in!

As you all well know I got really lucky at getting an '06 at such a late date. I guess it really is true..... it is better to be lucky than good.

My bike is at the dealer (in a box) but, it is HERE :lol: . I plan on doing the paperwork tonight or tomorrow and I' headed to the Keys this weekend (if the weather holds).

Will take pic and give a full report on the return. This is a sleepless week for quite a fewer waiters. The blue machine are finally being delivered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw her........still in the box but, tomorrow is another day. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Key West Break-in

Anyone in the Miami who is interested in riding down to Key West this weekend or next (I may do both). Please let me know - sorry for the late notice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
erxkeel: picked the big blue machine up nearly a month ago now and 1400 miles later I only wish I had the time to ride more.

David... I sent you my cell number today. Hoepfully we can meet up and put in some miles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts