FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden their bikes in Yellowstone? Their website says motorcycles are ok but all passengers must have seat belts. Is this their way of excluding motorcycles? My plan is to ride the beartooth highway and then into Yellowstone. Any firsthand knowledge would be appreciated.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Their website says motorcycles are ok
I've been in the park three times...no problem at all. But, my last visit was three years ago. I have friends that visited the park last summer. The only complaint they had, was the heavy traffic in the middle of July.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My experience has shown that if you want to be a tourist go in the summer, but if you want to do some super sport touring go before school gets out in June or in September.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We were there in late Sep and there was no problem with bikes other than the fact
that the east exit was under massive construction which made for interesting
riding along the muddy, mountainside road.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was there in June of '04, right after school let out. In a jeep, not on a bike, so can't comment on the rules.
Some things to keep in mind though:
It snowed all three days that we were there. Enough to make 4 wheels good, 2 wheels scary.
Bison come in sizes that vary from adult human to Jeep Liberty, and they like to use the roads too.
If you go during the peak tourist season bring food, water & patience with you on the bike.
It is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and everyone should go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many times. For me, the traffic issue has been a crap shoot. I've been there in the middle of July, and almost felt like I had the park to myself. Even though it seems a bit odd to take a motorcycle to a place where the whole idea is to find animals on the road, it is worth the trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts