FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
My dealer called today and informed me that they will get two '06A's in March.
One of them will be mine. 8)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Hey Ranger Dave, are you the RangerDave from the previous board, formerly from Illinois?

:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
gr8eyes said:
Petey, congratulions, you'll have before the next hoon event.

Is the other one sold too?

Glenn
@gr8eyes, the good news made my day. :D
Yes, I sold the '03 as is, to a guy that was looking for a fixer upper.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The word from the Yamaha stand at the London Motorcycle show today was that the electric shift versions would be hitting our shores in May to June, but reading between the lines it was much more likely to be June than May which would tie in with the message given to TT.

The bike on the stand had a few minor changes from the ones I've seen photos of before (its gained a box covering the clutch slave cylinder/gearbox shift rod), and the VIN plate was marked "for internal use only" so perhaps they are still making pre-production models.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yep,
Got an email yesterday. Mine should be here around April. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
delivery date......

I had my dealer check the Yamaha dealer website yesterday and they e-mailed me that my bike has an "EST" delivery date of March....estimated.

Of course with the vagaries of Winter weather here we could get nailed by a big snowstorm @ the time she gets here in March. Now that would be cruel and unusual punishment after waiting since Sept 28., '05! DFO :wink:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Ranger Dave said:
Liquidsilver,
That other Dave is a different fellow. I was born and raised in Denver.
My High School buddies gave me the nickname.
Well, nice to meet you. Sorry, but there's a fellow from FJR04 with the handle "Rangerdave" and he went on a group ride with us, until he decided to play chicken with a Suburban. He went off the road and had a pretty tough recovery, complete with surgery and stroke. (very young guy for a stroke) I hear he's okay and riding again, but we were all pretty worried about him for awhile. (Our own 20valves, here, got nominated for sainthood for taking care of the fellow and feeding him meds)

Anyways, that's why I asked. Thanks.

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Called dealer today and he said YDS still shows April as my estimated delivery date...he said they will get a firm date about 3 weeks before it will arrive.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
20valves.... feeding him meds)
I would like it to be on record here that I only fed Rangerdave his own meds. I did catch him when he passed out though. Nice of him to be a rather slender fellow. :p

My dealer confirmed mine is to arrive in March. Could be March 1 or March 31, don't know yet.

BTW, the sainthood paperwork has not yet arrived, the good lord must be aware of my full record. :roll:

·
Registered
59 Posts
2006 delivery

Called dealer today april delivery. Pawtucket Yahama Massachuett. Waiting sucks.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: 2006 delivery

lrider said:
Called dealer today april delivery. Pawtucket Yahama Massachuett. Waiting sucks.
Hey Irider, what bike you riding?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My ride

I am riding a 1981 harley lower rider with sevral mods 100 HP 100 ft torque>but on 10 to 12 thousand miles a year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: My ride

lrider said:
I am riding a 1981 harley lower rider with sevral mods 100 HP 100 ft torque>but on 10 to 12 thousand miles a year.
Oh ok, The pixels are small so I wasn't sure. Had the familar look of a Vmax with the greatly loved smoke screen option. I see you got that option too. I love mine but will be parting with it soon. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts