FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered the Yamaha truck for my 06 FJR. Can you guys tell me how easy it is to get on and off. Also, is there any problems throwing the ol leg over the scoot with the trunk on there? It is supposed to be delivered this week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yamaha Trunk...

You pull a separate lever to release the Yamaha trunk from the mount that fits on the luggage rack very similar to the way you remove the saddlebags. Trunk goes on and off very easily.

Throwing a leg over the saddlebags without scuffing them is the problem. The trunk does not add any problems with getting on or off the bike.

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up my new Yamaha trunk last night. This thing is just beautiful! Like the bike, Yamaha did a great job on adding style to the trunk. I love the fact that Yamaha supplied a key-matched lock for the trunk with the bike.
I am taking the FJR on a week-long trip next week from New Jersey up through New York, across to Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine before heading down through Cape Cod and back home. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will the 06 Yama trunk hold 2 full face helmets...or just one? How much room does it have vs. the Givi? What about the mounting--do you replace the exisiting luggage rack with a mount (like the Givi)--or what?
thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
bobbybob said:
Will the 06 Yama trunk hold 2 full face helmets...or just one? How much room does it have vs. the Givi? What about the mounting--do you replace the exisiting luggage rack with a mount (like the Givi)--or what?
thanks.
1 - It only holds 1 helmet
2 - Compared to what size GIVI. You can get various GIVI's, the E52 and the V46 (not sure of this model no) are the two most popular.
3 - Yamaha mounting - no idea, I have GIVI - someone else will pop in and answer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobbybob said:
thanks.
The mounting kit for the Yamaha trunk is black plastic and is the same shape as the rack already on the bike. You simply remove the three bolts on the rack, place the mounting bracket on top, and install three longer bolts oncluded with the mount. The truck sits on top of the mount and latches with a handle similar to the side bags. It worked great this week. I found a gym bag at KMart that fit perfectly inside the trunk. I packed the bag and simply dropped it in the trunk. I moved my stuff in and out of hotels in seconds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.