FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it matter what dealer you buy it from? Can it be shopped just like shopping for the best buy on the bike? I don't see why not. Seems some of the dealers are all over the place on the cost of the extended warranty. That doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Seems some of the dealers are all over the place on the cost of the extended warranty. That doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts?
I think the cost of the Y.E.S. to the dealers is the same, but some dealers want more profit than others.
Yes, there are guys that purchased the warranty from dealers other then were the bike was purchased.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Even though they shouldn't... many dealers will discriminate against you, if they know you bought the Y.E.S. from another dealer to pay less. Foot-dragging, delaying, etc.

FWIW

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
Even though they shouldn't... many dealers will discriminate against you, if they know you bought the Y.E.S. from another dealer to pay less. Foot-dragging, delaying, etc.
From my experience of insurance in general, it won't matter where you bought it, the foot-dragging, delaying etc would be the same.
They get a commission, which at the time of the sale is all they care about. Any claims, it really doesn't matter who sold them the policy, they would claim the costs back regardless. There is no real reason for foot-dragging, delaying, etc. other than laziness, and bad customer relations.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
ZagZyg said:
From my experience of insurance in general, it won't matter where you bought it, the foot-dragging, delaying etc would be the same.
Well, if you have a good relationship with a dealer, it helps. It helps in all kinds of ways.

:)

·
Super Moderator
3,962 Posts
Y.E.S. is a product, sold to dealers from Yamaha. The dealer price is the same to all dealers. The variation in cost to customers is solely the result of dealer mark up.

Since you can even buy the Y.E.S. straight from Yamaha and, if you were to buy it from a local dealer and move, there is concern about a dealer only honouring Y.E.S. contracts sold at their dealership (without them risking their franchise).

--update--
2003 price from D&H Cycles was $350 for 48 months.
Yamaha upped their price to the dealers, so D&H upped theirs the same about (no increase in profit). 2004 & 2005 pricing was $389 for 48 months. It will remain that amount unless Yamaha ups their price to the dealers.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ok, so what kinds of quotes are people seeing out there? I am thinking seriously about purchasing Y.E.S. for my 06 scheduled in April :p

·
Registered
737 Posts
RudyT said:
Ok, so what kinds of quotes are people seeing out there? I am thinking seriously about purchasing Y.E.S. for my 06 scheduled in April :p
I think anything from $450 or less, to cover you for four years, is a fair price. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.