FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a set of the stock handlebar bolts. Mostly need the big studs that hold the bars on and the caps screw into. Figure someone that has installed bar risers might have a set lying around? Thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on! Somebody has to have a set of the stock handlebar bolts lying around that you want to turn into coffee or beer funds.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
8,706 Posts
I think what you're looking for is the bracket that comes up from the underside with the two studs in it..... you want the tapped ends to attach the covers? The other two are just standard 8mm hex cap screws?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Looking to buy a set of the stock handlebar bolts. Mostly need the big studs that hold the bars on and the caps screw into. Thanks
Donk,

This is the kind of thing I would just order in, from a dealer or a parts house. Not worth much trouble, right?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what you're looking for is the bracket that comes up from the underside with the two studs in it..... you want the tapped ends to attach the covers? The other two are just standard 8mm hex cap screws?
That’s the one. Thanks Ray.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
That’s the one. Thanks Ray.
I dug deeper into my stash, found mine.... I thought I had given it away a couple of years ago, but apparently not..... note, the wire retainers have been snipped.... PM me your addy and I'll get a shipping quote from here.... I'd mail it from your side, but I'm not allowed to cross yet.....
Anyone who has installed risers should have one they'll never use again......

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ray, Thanks for the offer but was at local Yamaha dealer Friday am and he had a few pair of take offs. I bought 2 of them for $20. each. Figured someone else may need a set too. If anyone needs a set PM me. They have the wire loops cut off also. Once I got to thinking about it it’s the only way to get them on and off the bike once it leaves the factory.

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Cool, woulda cost more than $20 in shipping for sure..... not to mention a delay getting there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts