FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have Gen 3 FJR and and the previous owner lowered the bike by using aftermarket linkages. I want to install the original linkages.
Please let me know if you have 1 set for sale.
Thanks
Sal

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,795 Posts
FYI, the dogbones from 2006-up are the same for an FJR1300A. If memory serves, the center to center holes are 190mm on OEM. In a pinch you could make your own......

·
Registered
'05 FJR, non-ABS
204 Posts
or check Ebay... search for "fjr1300 shock linkage" or some variation of that and you'll get results.
Regards,
Mr. BR

·
Registered
2012 FJR Blue Beauty, 2014 FJR Hot Red Head, +++
221 Posts
Have an extra pair of links. Depending on where you are, I can ship and maybe use your links - if you want.

Please PM me with your contact information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the offer. I will try @RaYzerman’s advice first and adjust the aftermarket linkage and see if it works.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,795 Posts
Well, you didn't mention "adjustable"..... so you got Soupy's? Adjusting will work.... rear suspension relay arm is about 2.7:1, so 5mm adjustment will get you 13-ish...

·
Registered
2012 FJR Blue Beauty, 2014 FJR Hot Red Head, +++
221 Posts
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the offer. I will try @RaYzerman’s advice first and adjust the aftermarket linkage and see if it works.
Yes, adjusting them is a much better choice as you can customize your ride height - down or up.

BTW, Ray is The Man when it comes to technical knowledge. And he is a most helpful person too - even though he has left the FJR flock. (For a while ;-)

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
BTW, Ray is The Man when it comes to technical knowledge. And he is a most helpful person too - even though he has left the FJR flock. (For a while ;-)

Say Whaaa .....
Well maybe I can understand a little bit because when I ride the ZRX or ZX14 I wear a different helmet and coat cause you know how people act when you be cheatin on the main ride ..... :eek::giggle::eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts