FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of OEM front signal lights for a 2009 (Gen 2). I'd buy new ones but I'm going to cut them open.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,814 Posts
I'm looking for a pair of OEM front signal lights for a 2009 (Gen 2). I'd buy new ones but I'm going to cut them open.
wes_van,

Try eBay? Any bike recyclers near you? I believe all Gen2 front turn signals are the same.
Search the Internet by Part Number:

3P6-83310-10-00 left
3P6-83320-10-00 right
If I were going to cut them open, I would want to re-install the lens cover using external screws, for easier future access. Changing a bulb in the stock assembly is not easy.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay is on my list to try, for sure. I work a lot with LED's and want to try swapping the bulb setup for LED's, mostly to make them brighter. Bike recyclers are non existent in my area. Thanks for the part numbers Red.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,814 Posts
Ebay is on my list to try, for sure. I work a lot with LED's and want to try swapping the bulb setup for LED's, mostly to make them brighter. Bike recyclers are non existent in my area. Thanks for the part numbers Red.
Wes_van,

You probably know, but the closer the lens color is to the LED color, the more light you will have that goes down the road. (There is very little amber light coming out from a white LED.)

If you just want brighter turn signals, try these guys for aftermarket plug-and-play bulbs. They have very good Tech Help available, on-line or by phone:

Vehicle Lighting | Super Bright LEDs

You may need resistors to control the hyper-flash issue, or a maybe a time-flasher unit, but you would prolly need the same remedies with anything you may assemble yourself.
Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
What I did with turn signal to LED conversion- I spent a little extra and got the Admore Lighting plug and play harness. It comes with a small terminal strip so I wired my load resistors there instead of splicing into wiring.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,057 Posts
Why not just use a led compatible flasher? Plug and play.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,165 Posts
Either is good....... and the SuperBrite LED's are brilliant. Ask if they have ones with built-in resistors..... they exist somewhere, but SuperBrites are bright.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,057 Posts
Too bad they don't sell complete led signals for the fjr. I have Protons on my fz1 and they are insanely bright.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts