FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well Heck yeah! LOL

Seriously, as a rider who spent many years in the Washington, DC area, and riding into the District of Columbia every day, and all the traffic, I found loud pipes were an integral safety feature!

I also had a Stebel nautilus compact mini air horn!
Being excessively noisy to traffic behind you is a Safety feature?

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Well Heck Yeah! Being seen is our best safety feature, from any direction! I have looked eye-to-eye while a driver was trying to turn onto a road, and the car came out right in front of me, and he saw me.

Sound travels in all directions. Especially to the side if you are in bumper to bumper traffic traveling at 50MPH, where a huge blind spot exists on a driver's right rear side. Yes, loud pipes were a life saving feature. In a town of 2 million people who are distracted drivers, any feature to get their attention so that I can Share the road, I think is a safety feature.

I actually had to kick doors, going up I-295, heading into DC, because a car would just come over on me.

And I had my horns mounted on the Front, so I hoped that the person presenting a threat to me at the front would have heard it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On all the forums I have been on, I am truly shocked at the number of people that want to replace stock exhaust systems for more noise. Is it just an American thing?
Quiet & responsive for me on FJ
Loud and visible on slow-minded cruisers

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
So now I am slow-minded because I choose to have been heard in traffic?

Does someone always have to throw shade when someone speaks their opinion?

I said nothing derogatory, to anyone on this post. I think that rather than just letting me have my opinion, you have to throw shade, says more about you, than is does about me.

Why can't I just have my opinion, without shade being thrown at me?

Reactions: 2GENAE and passx

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also have an opinion: If I can hear your
motorcycle, it's too loud.
Wasn't aware FJRs came in a electric version, so unless you've done something to dampen your stock exhaust, if your bike is running I can hear it.

I am running two brothers, not much louder than stock, changes the tone more than the decibels.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
8,067 Posts
I wondering if everyone needs to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes. As a casual observer, it seems like a case of "the butthurts" is quickly approaching.

Really guys, chill. Take a deep breath now before we all regret it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wondering if everyone needs to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes. As a casual observer, it seems like a case of "the butthurts" is quickly approaching.

Some people just need to learn. "To each their own"

·
Premium Member
237 Posts

I wonder if constantly mentioning "butthurts" leads to tension and more "butthurts"? ;)

From another thread...

"Hey, watch it buddy ! Don't get butt hurt now, you started this s**t!! At least you admit your "anal-ity", most do not."

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
8,067 Posts
I wonder if constantly mentioning "butthurts" leads to tension and more "butthurts"? ;)

From another thread...

"Hey, watch it buddy ! Don't get butt hurt now, you started this s**t!! At least you admit your "anal-ity", most do not."
When you've been here for a while you'll notice that folks simply cannot state what works for them and go on. They have demonstrated that they have to be reminded over and over that crapping on what someone else does is a sh**ty way to conduct oneself. We've seen it since time began- people are very opinionated and cannot just live and let live. I'm currently in private conversations with several who either think that someone sh*t on them unnecessarily & need a reprimand/ban or that the other member is being unreasonable and too thin skinned & needs a reprimand/ban. I swear, dealing with grown-ass men is sometimes worse than dealing with 5-yr olds! Oh, and let's not forget the "you didn't notice the emojis? That means it's humor dumbass so lighten up!"

This thread is going the way it has numerous times before:

some folks like loud, some don't. Each thinks the other is wrong. And, just like this thread has demonstrated, each side cannot simply leave the other alone without the "logic" head games and snarky comments.

It gets this way every winter. Folks get testy, folks get mad. Some folks get feelings hurt and go away in a huff, others stay. One might get booted off though that's very rare. No ****, every winter, over and over, without fail.

Whenever anyone would like to step up to be a moderator I'll pass your name along to Admin for promotion.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
When you've been here for a while you'll notice that folks simply cannot state what works for them and go on. They have demonstrated that they have to be reminded over and over that crapping on what someone else does is a sh**ty way to conduct oneself. We've seen it since time began- people are very opinionated and cannot just live and let live. I'm currently in private conversations with several who either think that someone sh*t on them unnecessarily & need a reprimand/ban or that the other member is being unreasonable and too thin skinned & needs a reprimand/ban. I swear, dealing with grown-ass men is sometimes worse than dealing with 5-yr olds! Oh, and let's not forget the "you didn't notice the emojis? That means it's humor dumbass so lighten up!"

This thread is going the way it has numerous times before:

some folks like loud, some don't. Each thinks the other is wrong. And, just like this thread has demonstrated, each side cannot simply leave the other alone without the "logic" head games and snarky comments.

It gets this way every winter. Folks get testy, folks get mad. Some folks get feelings hurt and go away in a huff, others stay. One might get booted off though that's very rare. No ****, every winter, over and over, without fail.

Whenever anyone would like to step up to be a moderator I'll pass your name along to Admin for promotion.
While some feel the need to comment and lecture, without a constructive point to be made, and be the butthurt police.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
8,067 Posts
While some feel the need to comment and lecture, without a constructive point to be made, and be the butthurt police.
Perfect example of the lack of manners and courtesy missing in many of the threads you post in. Thank you.

You haven't been around yet for when the azzholes (yes, plural) start sending you messages threatening to shoot you and rape your kids. Yes, we've had it happen. And you haven't been here when members are inviting others to "just show up so I can stomp your azz." Yes, we've had that too. And commonly it starts with a seemingly minor difference of opinion. There's no harm in asking people to chill beforehand, beats banning them after, eh?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.