FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a stock 2018 fjr and I'd like to liven the exhaust a bit. Who has yosh or 2 bros or something else cool languishing in the garage?
Show what you've got!
Chad

·
Registered
443 Posts
Go for the Two Brothers. Excellent pipes!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Where are you located? I have a set of 2Brothers on my bike with about 700 miles on them that I might trade for stock pipes and a few dollars.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I have 18” carbon fiber Delkevics on my 14a, very happy with them. Not too loud, they have nice deep bass rumble that completely goes away above 45-50mph. So there is no drone to wear on you when on a longer ride, very nice !

·
Registered
241 Posts
^ now THAT is an awesome deal right there!

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
On all the forums I have been on, I am truly shocked at the number of people that want to replace stock exhaust systems for more noise. Is it just an American thing?

Reactions: AzorRon

·
Registered
350 Posts
$100 for the D&D if you're DFW local for pickup.
I'll take them for that if they're available and the OP doesn't...love to see what they would sound like on mine. I'm in the DFW area :grin2:

Reactions: bounce

·
Registered
350 Posts
On all the forums I have been on, I am truly shocked at the number of people that want to replace stock exhaust systems for more noise. Is it just an American thing?
Prolly :grin2:

Though I will say that most FJR owners just 'try' them and then remove them, myself included. But it just so FUN to hear loud pipes. >:)

Reactions: hjarmitage

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Well Heck yeah! LOL

Seriously, as a rider who spent many years in the Washington, DC area, and riding into the District of Columbia every day, and all the traffic, I found loud pipes were an integral safety feature!

I also had a Stebel nautilus compact mini air horn!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Let me gather them up and I'll PM you.
Cool; I need to change my exhaust out soon so I can change my signature pic; that way I can confuse passx by having a different exhaust than 2GENAE. He thinks all black FJRs look alike and we can't have that!!!

Bwuhahahahaha!!! :grin2:

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Dunno Ferret, on my 14 it was awful quiet with the oe pipes. The Delkevic 18" carbon fiber cans I added really aren't very loud but have a very nice low bass rumble that goes away with speed (about 35-45mph) and become very quiet, same as oe. Perfect for me. Different strokes as they say, not "Harley loud" at all. I like mine !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a nice offer! I'm not too far from you in Northern Illinois. I think I want to retain the stock pipes though. DM me if you'd like to sell the 2Bros straight up.
Thanks,
Chad

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,096 Posts
Yes, all model years interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Cool; I need to change my exhaust out soon so I can change my signature pic; that way I can confuse passx by having a different exhaust than 2GENAE. He thinks all black FJRs look alike and we can't have that!!!

Bwuhahahahaha!!! :grin2:
Peter what is really funny is my 2008 is not black.

My 2008 is a AE a metallic gray in sun light. :wink2:

I have a pair of 9" oval Delkevic that was way TOO loud for out of town trips.

I use to work at D+D back in the 90s left in 2000. I have several old carbon fiber silencers for my FJ1200 that fit the Delkevic mid pipes.

$100.00 is a great price for the D&D stop by my house after you see Bounce I want to look at the silencer clamp tab that bolts to the rear sub frame brace..

Louis

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.