FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is this a knockout competition for players, or for referees?

The English ref c*cked up the Aus/Croatia match and probably won't ever work at that level again. The Mexican ref in Englan's first match was appallling. The (Russian?) ref in last night's Portugal/Holland was amazing in his incompetance.

There won't be any refs left soon for the semis and the final.

It's all FIFA's own fault for forcing Collina to retire.

Stanley Matthews was still playing footie at 51, but FIFA make their refs retire at 48. Insane.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
richfjr said:
... but FIFA make their refs retire at 48. Insane.
But they can go back to their day jobs :crylarf: Thats part of the problem - prima donnas earning 200 grand a week referreed by part timers who won't earn that in a year.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lenz said:
Fine dart Woody
Keep talking...

The referee was the one to blame. Besides the Dutch were too nervous and tried to put Ronald K.O. since the beginning of the match (and they succed on this).

I hope English will not be so nervous - although they don't win Portugal since 1966... - and have more fairplay on their next defeat :wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
From all the games I've seen so far I think Argentina will take it. In their last game it was 34 minutes before they made a wrong pass, they have amazing ball control, everyone knows exactly where their team mate is..
Cup's headed for South America again boys!

·
Registered
728 Posts
richfjr said:
Based on England's last few matches I suspect that they will bore Portugal into submission. :crylarf:
:crylarf:

But it will be, shall we say, 'active' around here on Saturday. We have lots of Portuguese migrant workers on the farms around and about. Now unless they have the sense to keep their heads down when Portungal win, I'd say they're in line for a bit of a rough ride when the drunken xenophobes pretending to be farmers around here just can't take a pasting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hope that England go through to the finals, the roads are so nice and quiet when the team are playing. :mrgreen:

Any chance of the competition lasting for the next 30 years ?

LSD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, you are right: for bad and for good everything stops here also when Portugal is playing. Honestly, I don't give a damn for soccer (I thing it is a too boring sport [except for games like Portugal vs. Holland ;-)]. But it is amazing how this thing touches / transforms people worldwide...

PS - About English fanatics and / or racists: maybe most of them will be in Germany drinking beer and breaking things (as usual) and leave those poor workers alone [their lives are already difficult enough to have to deal with those beasts...]

·
Registered
728 Posts
miguel21op said:
PS - About English fanatics and / or racists: maybe most of them will be in Germany drinking beer and breaking things (as ususal) and live those poor workers alone [their lives are already difficult enough to have to deal with those beasts...]
No, Mig. There's plenty stayed home judging by our village. :cry:

Mind you, we have a larff ... had French shirts delivered just before the tournament and wear them all around the place.

After tonight, though, we'll be changing over to the Spanish ones.

Fickle? Moi? 8)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts