FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it not WSB or MotoGP but I just thought you might like these.

Here's some photos I took of Phil "Doc" Hacker, the brain child behind the FJ/FJR Owners Club, taking part in the Wirral 100 Club's Forgotten Era Series on his FJ1100 self prepared race bike.

This particular race took place on 22 April 2006 at Oulton Park, Cheshire, UK. During the day Phil took part in a pre-race to determine grid position, where he came 2nd and the race where he came 3rd in only his second race of the series.

All the photos are on http://kerryrawsonbikes.fotopic.net/c932992.html, below are just a few samples.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Big fun.

Bet those things look HOOOOGE on the track. :mrgreen:

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw Dale Quarterly race an FJ1200 in May of 86 against Dave Sadowski on a GS1100 at Louden NH. He threw it away going into turn 8, an downhill hairppin. Too much midrange I bet for those old dunlop bias plies.

I bought one a month later.
Quarterly switched to Bimotas

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
Bet those things look HOOOOGE on the track.
In 1983 we had all been riding GS1100E's, CB1100F's and GPz1100's. These were long, tall, just plain big bikes. I remember after seeing the new FJ 1100 at the bike show in 1983, we all said to each other "wow, it's small, just like a GP bike!" LOL!! It also weighed like 550 pounds full of gas but was pitched as light weight! It was a power house but had about 100+ rwhp. I was the first to get one, as soon as we had ridden together once, my other two buddies ordered theirs!

Great pics Kerry! Brings back a lot of memories of a great bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we went to the next round at Anglesey (Mon 29 May) to watch Phil in the next round so here's my pics. http://kerryrawsonbikes.fotopic.net/c975589.html

By the way the shots this time should be a little closer as I treated myself to a new longer lens especially with the racing in mind so I hope you enjoy them.

As usual below is a few of my favourites.

Phil focuses.

Mark watches.

Coppa too.

I was setting up my lens when this happened!

Pre-race warm up lap

Pre-race

Out of the seat

Pre-race (Phil was on wet tyres due to a broken compressor so a 4th place was well deserved)

Changing tyres, having borrowed a compressor

She's got that camera out again

Beautiful scenery as well as excellent racing.

Yes we went in the car again - I had a cold and sneezing in me helmet didn't appeal.

Race 1

After a massive wheel on the starting grid a 6th place was a result.

The FJ racing fan club assists in the wrap up after Race 1.

The boys get ready for off but what no one realised was there was another to come - ooops.

So after a frantic trip for petrol between races, with Phil returning to track 10 mins before the race 2, he ends the day with a 4th place.

Pre-race = 4th
Race 1 = 6th
Race 2 = 4th

Here's to the next one, (Sun 30 July - Anglesey, Round 3 Club Championship) see you there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts