FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok then who thinks the 06 Radiator will fit the early model Fjr's?

·
Registered
117 Posts
A pretty safe bet it will NOT retro-fit.

Although I will be looking at that right away when the bikes are available. But I hold very little hope that it will fit the older bikes.

In order to help sales, Yamaha does a fair job ensuring upgrades will not retro-fit. Example: there is no way the '06 side fairings will fit a pre-06 machine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Talked to the factory reps at the cycle show in DC today, and they said it definetly will not retro fit. :cry: They said the frame itself is slightly different so radiator, lower fairing sections, etc are all different. Of course this does not mean impossible, as anything is possible if you have enough time and money! :) The rep did say he thought the gearing could be changed to the higher ratio, but he wasn't certain.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why would you want the new one to fit the older bikes is what I would like to know. My rad works great, bike runs great, rad guard works great. What more do you want? If you want new, buy one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
rocketdoc said:
Why would you want the new one to fit the older bikes is what I would like to know. My rad works great, bike runs great, rad guard works great. What more do you want? If you want new, buy one.
+ 1 :)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rocketdoc said:
Just because, is the only reason.

At the moment it's only the fairing inners that interferes.

As for a new model nah dont think so, it's gone a bit soft and is gaining weight (as all yamaha updates tend to) would have to spend a lot of money changing things ie if I disconected the ABS on the AS model the semi-gear change would stop working.
So the non YCCS would be for me with a power commander quick shifter.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Suppose it's a bit like why do people climb mountains? Because they're there.
You could also ask "why did he make his own stainless exhaust?"
Well, why not? 8)

Edit
The bugger beat me to it :evil:

·
Registered
103 Posts
"As for a new model nah dont think so, it's gone a bit soft and is gaining weight (as all yamaha updates tend to).........."

The FZ1 has lost weight, not much, but at least a loss.

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
Weight loss for a bike can be a good thing. However, sometimes the holy grail of low weight is obtained by decreasing the durrability of the motor or chassis by thinning a wall here or a gear there. When it comes to a choice between weight and durrability, I'd usually vote for durrability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts