FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going to the moto gp. We might as well get together and have a beer. Saturday at the track, but I'm not familar enough with the track to figure out a place to meet.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
20valves and I will be there. Arranging a meeting in that crowd would be a hefty challenge though. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Masses upon masses. :shock:

Oh, bring sunscreen and earplugs. Those MotoGP bikes are ear-splitting at 1000 meters. And last year, I fried with sunblock on.

:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
laguna seca

I was there last year so I know of what you speak. I'll make a big sign that says FJR1300 on it so if you see me yell at me. I do have a ticket for the grandstand on Sunday so maybe I'll see you then.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
The start/finish line grandstand? I think we do too. :mrgreen: Then it should be fairly easy to meet up. :mrgreen:

Last year I had a bunch of buddies there, but I had no hope of finding them.

I think I walked 15 miles a day, at last years. I just wanted to see the track from multiple locations. For the MotoGP race, I chose the hill adjacent to the hill with the corkscrew, because I could see almost all of the turns.

As I sat on that hill, awaiting the start of the MotoGP race, my wife called me on the cellphone from home, and we watched the race together. 8) It was nice to have her with the commentators on the tube, as she could tell me who hit the kitty litter in that first couple of laps... and what the gaps and laptimes were. Good wifey. :mrgreen:

Then, as soon as Nicky won, I jogged all the way to the perimeter fence, where I could move independent from the crowds, and jogged all the way around to the main grandstand, just barely in time for the national anthem. What a moment that was! :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
laguna seca

It took 5 hrs to get out of the parking lot sunday last year, but I understand they're not letting cars park unless you pay the $50 for a special pass, so it should be easier to get there and get out. Most people will have to take a shuttle bus.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
20valves and his brother had great insight, and we left the rental car way out near the first entrance gate... so after hoofing it to the car... it wasn't bad at all going out. But getting in both days was a 2-hour affair.

This year, we're going to try to sneak in there on some kind of scoots, apparently. There is a 'grand plan' there, I'm not privvy to. :wink:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
laguna seca

I wanted to rent a bike but the only thing I could find was a Harley, so I got a cage instead. Would have been nice to have a bike in that part of the country. Some really nice riding. Anyone know of a place to rent a bike close to San Francisco?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who's going to Laguna Seca?

San Jose BMW might still rent them. Dubbelju out of San Francisco certainly does. Check out "sportbike rentals", and you'll get some hits, too-they're just expensive because so many guys wad them up. We're (Pashnittours)are having a booth at Laguna this year, so come by and say "Howdy". We'll have our little tour group (2 FJR's etc..)in the turn 4 grandstands. We'll wear my FJR hats! Come by the booth anyway and get a sticker! Yahoo! This should be a fantastic race!!! We still have some spots open for the NorCal MotoGP Tour, or motel rooms, GP Tickets, etc. No Rip Off prices either. Tim

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Posting live from above the Golden Gate bridge right now.

This Triumph and I will be there shortly!:D

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I got to spend all day Monday scraping all the hard parts of the Triumph Bonneville America along the coast north of San Francisco. You California folks have so many incredible roads. A bit of traffic everywhere, but still amazing. Too bad it's soooo far from home. (and I'm too poor to live there)

Sorry for the rude pass I put on an '05 FJR owner on Hwy1 in Sonoma county (if you're on here) but the stupid cruiser I was on had no balls to pass... and you probably couldn't tell I wanted by, since you were a drag racer on every straight. At least you got a nice spark show for a bit after I went by.

Wrong bike for the territory, but it was all I could get for MotoGP weekend.

This tree is NOT Photoshopped! Wow!

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Yup. And most would say I'm a pretty full-sized dude. It was spectacular. :D

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
BTW, that Triumph was even uglier in person. With a different ergo package, it would have been a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Dude, we gotta get some sporty tires on those roads up there. There's a 'tail of the dragon' that goes up the hill every 5 miles. :shock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts