FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Spend $400 for new pipes. Seriously, there are plenty of slip ons available. Delkevics are very popular. No need for a full system, why spend $1000-$1400 for 3 top end HP.

Reactions: DrVanNostrand

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
You can wait for a deal here on the forum too. Slip-ons get posted pretty often. I bought my Delkevics from a fellow forum member. You just missed out on these. I can’t believe they sat for a month before somebody scooped them up.

Reactions: bounce and Whooshka

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Personally, I like the whine, but it does irritate a lot of folks. I have the Delkevic 18” Carbon cans on mine that have a very pleasant bass rumble that goes away with speed so there’s no drone, very happy with them and I did get them used from a fellow here who was more than fair with me ! They do help to cover the gear whine mostly, so just an option & opinion to help.

Also as Carlson suggested above ear plugs do a lot, that may be why I don’t really hear the whine anymore, I always wear them !

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
95 Posts
I think the whine is the balance shaft. Slipons can be pricey, but trying to jury rig the stock exhaust is just asking for trouble IMO.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I think the whine is the balance shaft. Slipons can be pricey, but trying to jury rig the stock exhaust is just asking for trouble IMO.
Also creating more noise to drown out other noise is an express ticket to Tinnitusvilleington Pass. Unless you just wanna be a 1hr ride and done guy.

·
Registered
2021 FJR
200 Posts
My T had gone from the REEEE of decades to more like a night with LOTS of cicadas.
Yes, cicadas is exactly what it sounds like. More on the left than the right. I read that the left is usually worse from all the years of driving with the window down, years before the dominance of air conditioning.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Yes, cicadas is exactly what it sounds like. More on the left than the right. I read that the left is usually worse from all the years of driving with the window down, years before the dominance of air conditioning.
Yep, me too. Left worse, window down.

Reactions: bounce

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
2,510 Posts
Mine is from a summer job in college where I had a Hughes 500e landing on a deck next to my head every 30 minutes. No ear protection of course.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Another much cheaper option: Howard Leight Honeywell LPF
I have these coming now via Amazon before my trip. I shall do a rolling comparison between them and the blue Hearos XTreme that i currently use. There’s a trick with the Hearos i learned online where you can roll them tight and put them in backwards so the flange expands in the chamber of your ear instead of outside of it…. I’ll see how they compare

·
Registered
342 Posts
There’s a trick with the Hearos i learned online where you can roll them tight and put them in backwards so the flange expands in the chamber of your ear instead of outside of it
Err.... pardon me, but what's the point of doing that? I imagine that would be more uncomfortable. I like LPF-1's because they don't push too hard on the ear canal - I can wear them all day with very little discomfort.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts