FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
@pronomian me 'ol mate,

I once rode with one of those "throttle rockers" for a try as a cheeper alternative to cruiz control......my opinion.....if you want it?......throw it away as far as you can....or melt it down....so it can never be used again by another poor sucker!
I can however recommend the vista-cruze throttle locker as a very cheap alternative to cruize control...and safer in my opinion too!

This is what I'm talking about...

http://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=23

I only just traded my '03 FJR and bought a new '06 FJR....this was the first Modification I made. You can take your hand of the R/H side of the bars now and relax or scratch or ride without hands at all if your bars don't shake too much.

See what you think mate? It took me about 20 minutes to fit. But dont forget to cut your grip flange a little to fit the cruize. I used a bench grinder to finnish of the cut marks....very nice finish!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
@pronomian.
I have to agree with moose. the paddle thing I tried was fine on the motorway btu once you get into the twisties its all too easy to be braking under power. The Vista cruise is far, far better!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Throttle Rocker

I have the Vista Cruise and the Throttle Rocker, and I much prefer the Throttle Rocker on longer trips...it has eliminated any discomfort for my hand. I Love it. The Vista Cruise I use only on very quiet roads with no traffic as I do not like having to constantly engage/disengage the Vista.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Vista Cruise and Throttle Rocker. The NEP throttle lock also does the job, have one on my other bike, but I prefer the position of the locking lever of the Vista Cruise best. All of these take some fiddling to get the best result. I had to take the Throttle Rocker off one of the bikes for a while and really missed it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts