FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we developng into sects?The cast system, tribes...whatever.

When I rode HDs, only HD guys would wave to me. The sport bike guys.....never.

Now im the same man, but riding a FJR, and the waves from the HD guys are gone, but the sport bike guys now wave.

I always thought it didnt matter what you rode, .....all that mattered was that you rode.Period.

(must be getting old)

·
Registered
113 Posts
scaleyf wrote Is it possible to ride a HD with one hand

we have this attitude and thats why the HD riders won't wave or is it their attitude. ride safe 8)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
czguybilly said:

Now im the same man, but riding a FJR, and the waves from the HD guys are gone, but the sport bike guys now wave.
I wave at HD riders, especially after I pull an inside pass on a curve, riding on one wheel. :mrgreen:

j/k. I always wave at everybody, a great motorcycling tradition. I even wave to cagers after passing them. Better to try and make friends wherever you can.

But wait, I won't wave at scooters! Those guys are ****! ;)
Now don't get mad, tripletango, I'm only kidding. :lol:

:)

Reactions: cra-z1

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I send and receive waves from all types of bikes these days. AAMOF, the HD guys here are committed wavers. The wave is alive and very well among all bike types here. 8) :ale:

·
Registered
181 Posts
scaleyf said:
In the UK we tend to nod rather than wave, much safer - especially for HD riders.
Not anything to do with saftey, Scaley.

Here in UK we insist on riding and driving on the wrong side of the road. If you wanted to wave to another rider going the opposite direction you would have to let go of your throttle.
:ale:

·
Registered
113 Posts
if I lived in in the UK I wouldn't wave either, I like my hand on the throttle at all times, uses up tyers, oil, etc. keeps the economy going and some of these guys need a job. ride safe 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Obviously I have never ridden so I don't have a personal experience on a bike but I see every type of rider wave to every other type around here. I have been a great fan of riding for many years and when I'm in my "cage" or Ram 1500 depending on your preferred term I wave to all bikes and normally have it returned as if I am on a bike. Here in the south at least we do the two fingures off the top of the steering wheel wave, works well while "caged".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mr. Hice,

You take the MSF course yet? I'm sure you are just itching to jump on that brand new fjr.

I wave to every biker - don't get too many waves while on the inner city crazy interstate though. Smaller towns are definately more friendly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The wave, nodd,or foot wag, is all alive and kicking in the UK, France, Italy, Austria,Germany, Spain, at least I took them as a friendly gesture.
:oops:

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I rode my GSX600, I would always do the low wave at ALL bikers.
About 80% would wave.

Now I've only had my FJR for 3 days but clicking on 100%...even w/ the HD guys.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
czguybilly said:

I wave at HD riders, especially after I pull an inside pass on a curve, riding on one wheel. :mrgreen:

j/k. I always wave at everybody, a great motorcycling tradition. I even wave to cagers after passing them. Better to try and make friends wherever you can.

But wait, I won't wave at scooters! Those guys are ****! ;)
Now don't get mad, tripletango, I'm only kidding. :lol:

:)
It looks like HD riders are all the same world wide, we don't get waves from them here in South Africa, too afraid teir arms will get tangled in their tassels

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Reactions: Gitbox

·
Registered
15 Posts
I try to wave at everyone as traffic permits. That said, if I am coming across the Missouri River bridge into/out of Jefferson City, MO during rush hour, I may seem to be a bit stuck up because the drivers (all cars/trucks/other bikes) seem to lose their brain jockeying for position on the bridge for the needed intersections on either side.

On another note regarding courtesy, I have seen many a traffic back up due to this bridge and to be honest, I wait in line like everyone else, but to this day the only bikes I ever see taking the shoulder around the traffic because they are "obviously special" are the guys on V-Twin cruisers (will not say Harleys because I can't tell Victories/Indians/Japanese cruisers apart at long distance) Yes, I could go around many cars and butt back in, but that does not make it right. If it was just to get to the next exit I would be fine with that as it would clear some space on the road in question, but on the inside shoulder where I see them most often...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I wave at all motorcycles. For the most part they all wave back...even Harley’s.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,213 Posts
I get waves from most bikes I pass, of all types. The few that don’t wave are usually HD, but the majority of those riders wave. Sometimes I’ll just nod if I’m not in a position to remove a hand from the bars.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts