FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am repairing a 2015 FJR after it was in an accident a couple of years ago. The front end was damaged and the bodywork was very badly damaged and was reduced a lots of broken pieces. What was left was disassembled by someone else. I have rebuilt the front end with good used and new parts but am down to one missing part.

On the Yamaha parts list under diagram " Cowling 2" It is item # 20 - "Panel, Inner 3" 1MC-2836M-00-00 - Could someone please tell me where this part fits as it is not obvious to me particularly not having removed it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
I believe it is inside the fairing, outboard of the glove box, rear end blocks gap to the fuel tank? Black glove box panel mounts to it (Item 49 in Cowling 1).

·
Registered
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300
82 Posts
I’m replacing plastics on my 2015 and took some photos of the old fairing with parts still in place.

·
Registered
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300
82 Posts
hope this helps. Like ray said, it’s the piece to the left of my hand.

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the pics, cant really discern the part I am missing but TBH, hard to say I need it, every thing is going together quite well and nothing obviously missing or not fitting secure. It has to be substantial it is $144 approx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts