FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 FJR
19 Posts
My bags showed up 4 days after the bike back in April, the only problem was they shipped 21 bags (wrong color). The shop talked to the local Yamaha rep and he shipped in 22 covers, so a couple new rivets and I was in business. As much as I hated that solution, I was afraid that if I didn't accept it I would be waiting all year.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,432 Posts
I knew what I was getting into before I bought my 2022. Yamaha gave me the window on projected bag delivery. It’s not a mystery.

I’ve had offers on my 2022 already. I bought Yamaha city cases before I even picked up my 22. I love them.
I got my 2022 FJR back in March, with no saddle bags. I called Yamaha several times, and they have no ETA for them. We are at the end of June already. This could take a long, long, long time! My advice, DON'T GET THE BIKE WITHOUT THE BAGS. I can't even sell the bike if I want to. This is like if they sell you a pickup truck without the bed, just the chassis. INCREDIBLE!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I may change my mind in the mean time, but I think I’m going to sell my 2022 cases when they arrive. I’m pretty attached to my city cases.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yamaha corporate’s official estimate is that they will ship 9/22 at the earliest, and could be delayed until early 2023.

I purchased a 22 and immediately put city cases on it. I quite like them.

Regarding “associated hardware”, there isn’t any. Locks come with the bike. The rubber pucks got inadvertently deleted from their build list, and Yamaha is trying to figure out how to supply them in the interim.
My dealer ordered a set for me (for my city cases), since they didn’t come with the Yamaha city cases.
Bags ship separately from the crated bike anyway. It’s a baffling delay, however.
Can you explain what are City Bags - I would imagine that they have smaller covers. Do they come as a complete case and if so what color are they ? Are they the Tracer cases Thanks

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
They are a factory case that fits the FJR as-is. They are found on police models in most instances.

They come complete. Just like standard cases, they come without locks. Those come with the bike, not with the bags.

They will fit a tracer, but require an adaptor kit. City cases have the same base as regular bags, but with flatter lids. I have yet to encounter anything that I could put in my standard side cases that I can’t fit in my city cases.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts