FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,053 Posts
Welcome to the Horde! Be among Friends!

Pics? Is it Cobalt Blue?

Reactions: Bill Lumberg

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,432 Posts
Yamaha corporate’s official estimate is that they will ship 9/22 at the earliest, and could be delayed until early 2023.

I purchased a 22 and immediately put city cases on it. I quite like them.

Regarding “associated hardware”, there isn’t any. Locks come with the bike. The rubber pucks got inadvertently deleted from their build list, and Yamaha is trying to figure out how to supply them in the interim.
My dealer ordered a set for me (for my city cases), since they didn’t come with the Yamaha city cases.
Bags ship separately from the crated bike anyway. It’s a baffling delay, however.
Just purchased a 2022 FJR from Mountain Motorsports in Georgia. It was shipped from Yamaha without saddlebags. The dealer has no idea when the bags and associated hardware will arrive.

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,053 Posts
I have the 2006 in Cobalt Blue! LOVE that color on the FJR!!!

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
131 Posts
As a guy who builds plastic injection molds, I'm puzzled what the hold up is. I imagine the cases are made from a fairly common plastic, so the supply of materials shouldn't be too much of an issue. The problem shouldn't be tooling damage as even severe damage to the molds shouldn't take that long to repair. My best guess is that Yamaha changed suppliers when it came to producing the cases and that their may be some major hang ups with the switch.

·
Registered
2014 GenIII Metallic Bronze
10 Posts
Pity you're not in the UK as I have a pair of 'Deep Purplish Blue Metallic' bags (in pretty good condition) from my wrecked 2003 in the For Sale section :(

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
So Bill, what you’re calling “city bags” are those the flat lid bags that are on the Tracer normally ?

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,432 Posts
Yes. They are Yamaha city cases. They fit the fjr from the factory. For the tracer, there’s a mount kit that has to be installed.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I hope your dealer warned you of the issue. I posted this known issue a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my 2022 FJR back in March, with no saddle bags. I called Yamaha several times, and they have no ETA for them. We are at the end of June already. This could take a long, long, long time! My advice, DON'T GET THE BIKE WITHOUT THE BAGS. I can't even sell the bike if I want to. This is like if they sell you a pickup truck without the bed, just the chassis. INCREDIBLE!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree it is frustrating, but didn't purchase the bike solely on it having saddlebags. I considered many brands & models before deciding on the FJR. Eventually they will show up and I will be glad when they do. For now the $40 tailbag from Amazon works. It will also be useful after the saddlebags are installed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts