FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that this is in the forum somewhere but due do laziness, can anyone tell me a good place to start looking for farkle mounting equipment? I am looking for a XM, and Radar mounts. I am not real big on loading up the front of the bike with a bunch of stuff so if there is anyone that has come up with some good clean application ideas for mounting farkles I am all ears.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is what I am trying to aviod. HAHA. Just wondering if anyone has gone "outside the box" on this? I also remember seeing a Roady2 mounting to the top of a cluch master cylinder. Looked pretty clean.

·
Super Moderator
3,980 Posts
tank bag for gizmos. there are a couple that need to be in line of site (gps and v1). for those the FJR Goodies' ECM Shelf is the dog's dangles!

http://www.fjrgoodies.com/topgun.cfm

...update...

sure the ECM shelf puts things up in the cockpit, but it's far different that the CF of the RAM array he posted. i can understand his point for all that. that's why everything other than the things i *have* to see (gsp and v1 locator display) i stuff in the tank bag. but the ecm puts it out front, line of site, and away from the bars and triple tree.

http://tinyurl.com/b9hlt

...update 2...

seeing a gps map allows you to explore instead of just following pre-planned routes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
gr8eyes said:
Bounce true enough for the GPS but my V 1 resides in the tank bag. Of course you have to be linked audibly to it. Sounds like he trying to get away from having anything up front in the cockpit which is why I didn't reco the shelf.
How much do you need to be able to see a GPS? If it has voice control ala Tomtom Rider kind of things?

Don't have anything other than an MP3 player so far, and that lives in my pocket (though I think I froze the poor thing in this English weather, battery now lasts a whole 1 song). My hope/plan was to keep it all in a tank bag, maybe wire a power board inside the bag, socketed on the fairing (B panel?)

I figure if I get lost and can't follow the voice, I'll want to pull over to check the maps anyway. Can't imagine trying to read a map ona small screen while riding/driving.

--edit
In fact, thinking about it I'd rather get a custom tank bag with a clear panel for the GPS, than add on the mounts I've seen. For me, they look to cluttered, and something to snag on in a bad moment

·
Registered
18 Posts
@ZagZyg

Don't under estimate the value of seeing the screen. Ever been heading towards a crest not knowing whats on the otherside? A hairpin/junction?

Some screen views give you a very good indication of whats beyond, useful in cage or on a proper vehicle.

Scaley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts