FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the grip puppies and grip buddies have been talked about a lot but I know some of you like things a little more on the spicy side. What’s your favorite grip to wrap your mitts around?
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant Automotive design

I have been using these same smackaroonies from an American company (I like that you don’t have to it’s cool) since my parents found the CR500 my neighbor sold me and made me ride mountain bikes. I love ‘em and if I could wrap one around my…nevermind. What do you guys favor?

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Favorites on every bike was Pro Grip 714's. I'd install heating elements under them. Don't need to on the FJR.

Reactions: StreamRider

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,422 Posts
Favorites on every bike was Pro Grip 714's. I'd install heating elements under them. Don't need to on the FJR.
These for me too. If it weren't for the expense of replacing heated grips I'd have installed them on the '13 already.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interested to know what under-grip heating elements you have used. Amazon is chock-full of options but I have heard some of them are awful. I'm living that Gen 1 life so after I am done toasting my berries off this summer I am going to need some for the more pleasant months.

Side Note: I have become very fond of the sudden expulsion of heat the Gen 1 FJR emits when you finally get her out of the tight traffic while she is burning up and hit open air. Yes it is hot around your legs but it reminds me ( forgive me, please ) of gratifying a partner. Almost like you did your job. Those 4 bars creeping up as you sit in traffic or at red lights and then you get to open her up and feed fresh air into the radiator. The heat pouring out in those instances in unlike any bike I have ever ridden. Sure my Husky gets hot in traffic and dirtbikes hate sitting still but the FJR almost holds it in for a while. Soon as you let it eat though...SPLOOSH! Warm legs and everything.
Now the fans kicking in while you are sitting at a red light is a different story. I've farted colder air then that.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Interested to know what under-grip heating elements you have used. Amazon is chock-full of options but I have heard some of them are awful. I'm living that Gen 1 life so after I am done toasting my berries off this summer I am going to need some for the more pleasant months.

Side Note: I have become very fond of the sudden expulsion of heat the Gen 1 FJR emits when you finally get her out of the tight traffic while she is burning up and hit open air. Yes it is hot around your legs but it reminds me ( forgive me, please ) of gratifying a partner. Almost like you did your job. Those 4 bars creeping up as you sit in traffic or at red lights and then you get to open her up and feed fresh air into the radiator. The heat pouring out in those instances in unlike any bike I have ever ridden. Sure my Husky gets hot in traffic and dirtbikes hate sitting still but the FJR almost holds it in for a while. Soon as you let it eat though...SPLOOSH! Warm legs and everything.
Now the fans kicking in while you are sitting at a red light is a different story. I've farted colder air then that.
The heating elements I used were Heat Demons. A little more pricey than the Chinese cheapis but they never failed me and worked well.

Amazon.com: Heat Demon External Grip Warmer Kit for Motorcycle (210019RR) : Automotive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts