FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FJR
33 Posts
So, I have been stuck with bikes that are dear to me, however the demographic that they serve is far from my own. I'm 42 but I own (and have owned for many years) old people bikes.

Who is buying FJRs from an age perspective?
After 40+ years on Goldwings I made the switch to my FJR AT THE AGE OF 75 and have enjoyed it for 2 years.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Damn! And I thought BMW's Telelever setup was complicated. LOL

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, I have been stuck with bikes that are dear to me, however the demographic that they serve is far from my own. I'm 42 but I own (and have owned for many years) old people bikes.

I'm 58. I've been on a FJR1300 since I was 49. I had a 2013 and then bought the 2016 when i launched. If I ever found a better bike, I'd buy it, and I've ridden everything. There is no better sport touring bike on the market that's more capable w/ as much of the 'fun-factor' the FJR has in store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I'm 66 and I ride the wheels off of my "09" FJR. IMO riding isn't age related its what I like to do. Been doing it for about 45yrs so far!! It's fast enough to scare the you know what out of pretty much anypne that wants to twist the throttle hard enough!

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
OK we're gonna have to do this. Aroxx sent a PM about getting together for a ride. Let me figure out how to include you Pete.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't be jealous. After 20 yrs of riding them, all roads get boring as h3ll. I go elsewhere for my riding now, often skipping the mtns. As we say, "it's just another curvy road. They all look the same."
The only time I see roads this juicy at home, is when I shut my eyes and dream.....(still very jealous)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
208 Posts
57 here. 55 when I bought it. Put nearly 30,000 miles on it already.

I actually bought a brand new 2003 Goldwing @ 38 years old. Had that for 13 years and put 140,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK we're gonna have to do this. Aroxx sent a PM about getting together for a ride. Let me figure out how to include you Pete.
Chuck,
I’m in!
I’ll be in the Catskills all next week for a Norton rally but after that I should be pretty free. This weekend Peter has a BMW event at Bader Field so I’ll be there Saturday.

Pete

·
Registered
480 Posts
Chuck, if you’d do this I think you could sell them here !I’d buy one ! Maybe 2 😁

Racoon,if you haven’t ridden a new HD lately, they really aren’t all that slow anymore (NOT FJR FAST). But from what I understand they have a lot of electrical issues like a beemer though.
If I only wanted to ride in straight lines I'd get the V-Max...no scraping pegs trying to pull up to the gas station pumps that way.

One cruiser I like the looks of is the bonneville bobber. When I think harley I normally picture fugly.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Last summer I was riding with a buddy on his HD and we stopped at the HD store to look at gear. I had to smile when an older geriatric looking couple pulled in on their big fat hog. The old lady hopped off and proceeded to push the front of the 1,000lb bike to help grand dad back into a parking spot. I didn't know HD had reverse gear!

·
Registered
8 Posts

I’ve owned dozens of bikes over the last 60 years. Along with 8 other bikes I have a 2015 fjr 1300. I will be going on a 11,000 mile 4 couriers ride later this year and no doubt the fjr will handle it fine. I’ve done five 4 courier rides but this is the first with the fjr. I’m 75.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I am 74 and own two of them (one is for sale). I may ride like an old man but try to keep up with me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am physically 58 that appreciates the sport/TOURING. Mentally I am still 25 (with experience now), that appreciates the SPORT/touring of the FJR.

I like my comfort these days and I still love to throw a bike around in corners and as I hit the apex, leaned over and roll the throttle on and the suspension compresses a bit, I will never get tired of that…Ever! The FJR covers all my bases.

61 - 80 of 143 Posts