FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out into the garage to pull the '16 FJR1300A out and found this laying on the floor where it had been parked. Any ideas about what is about to fall off of my bike? It's about 14mm long x 8 mm high x 8.5mm wide.
Household hardware Gas Fluid Cable Nickel

·
Premium Member
2014 FJR ES
1,561 Posts
As stated, It's a battery post nut that probably fell into the fairing when the battery was changed or serviced, and has finally revealed itself

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As stated, It's a battery post nut that probably fell into the fairing when the battery was changed or serviced, and has finally revealed itself
Well, that is hopeful...maybe the 10mm socket will show up some day too.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
Sooooo.... as I have read elsewhere... how many 10mm sockets have we all owned?

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,411 Posts
Sooooo.... as I have read elsewhere... how many 10mm sockets have we all owned?
I bought myself and each of the kids a set of these for Xmas a couple years ago. It was kind of a joke at the time but they really do come in handy.

Autozone has their own version

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Not the first time something like that has happened. A few years back. I dropped a chassis screw into the black hole known as the engine well. Couldn't find it. Ordered a replacement. A year later, after running all over the country, one day I went out to the garage to work on the bike, and . . .

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not the first time something like that has happened. A few years back. I dropped a chassis screw into the black hole known as the engine well. Couldn't find it. Ordered a replacement. A year later, after running all over the country, one day I went out to the garage to work on the bike, and . . .
I once dropped a little cylinder-shaped battery terminal spacer on my old C10 Concours. Found it by accident half a year later. In the airbox...

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
Those 10mm sockets should be sold in 5 packs. They always seem to be out of them at every store too.
I have seen them out of stock too....... but somehow I don't seem to have a problem, but I do keep a couple extra.... I have a quite old socket set that is in a plastic case, had it for years... each socket has a spot and a quick look tells you if one went AWOL... I always manage to find it.... always leave it on an extension or ratchet, bigger target to look for, lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lately I've been glueing my battery post nut to terminals for easier install and removal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just slip a piece of silicone hose under the nut to hold it in place. It helps when there are a couple of ring terminals on top and there is a problem getting the bolt started

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
I've also used a piece of foam or even a snip off an old foam earplug.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts