FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sourced today from ITV F1 page:

"Valentino Rossi was the star of the show in testing at Valencia on Wednesday despite world champion Fernando Alonso ending the day fastest of all.

Rossi, who failed to complete a lap for Ferrari on the opening day of the test, managed 50 on his second attempt and set the ninth quickest lap of all in a V8-powered F2004.

The Italian's time, although not the quickest, was impressive for someone of his lack of experience and more than fast enough to establish him in such exalted company.

Crowds of locals turned up to see the new world champion once again prove the pace of the new R26."

The story goes on to detail times of the drivers

·
Registered
164 Posts
When you have done all that you can in mgp and your Italian ,
Your given a chance to test a Ferrari F1 car at the factory test track and go around 2 seconds slower than the current world champ at the time .
He must of impressed Ferrari and him self .
His times of yesterday in a 2004 car the first time on track with others was impressive.
When his contract runs out this year we will all see him swap to the F1 with Ferrari
As one of their drivers has had enough and made enough and the others contract runs out So there will be room in the team

Best of luck to him

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ferrari can afford him. IIRC, Yamaha pays him more annually to race MotoGP than all other riders combined. 2 seconds off the pace in the old car *is* amazing, but he also ended up in the gravel on the first lap in the wet when in the new car the day before. He's an amazing young man with a long career ahead of him if he stays healthy so there's enough time to come back to MotoGP or SBK after F1, *if* he does go over and it doesn't work out, as history has shown, it's very difficult to have the same success at the top levels in both worlds, and I doubt he would accept less than championships results for too long.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now Valentino challenges Alonso

From todays news service:

"Unimpressed by comments from Formula One titleholder Fernando Alonso, reigning MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi has challenged the Spaniard to a novel race.

Rossi drove in tests for Ferrari but Alonso was unimpressed by the motorcycling ace's foray into F1 driving.

"He might finish fifth or even get on the podium some time but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given enough time to practise," said Alonso last month.

Rossi was not pleased by those remarks and told British weekly Motorcycle News he wanted to challenge Alonso to see who was quickest on two and four wheels.

"I read that if Alonso is able to make some practice then he can put a MotoGP bike on the podium with me," Rossi said.

"Well, I think we should drive a Formula One car, a World Rally car and a MotoGP bike, add the times together and then we will see who is the fastest."

Rossi, who won his fifth consecutive world championship last year, has tested repeated for Ferrari, impressing seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher, who believes he has the talent to switch to Formula One.

The Italian has also competed in rallies."

Now that would be a something I would really enjoy watching :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I...& I know a lot of other people would definitely pay to see that....just think...the winner could give whatever money to their favorite charity...(themselves not included) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone know if Alonso has *any* 2-wheel experience (does he even ride?).

To me this is a bit like a decathalete (Rossi) saying to a sprinter (Alonso) to a multi-event competition. No question Rossi will blow Alonso out of the water, even if Alonso wins both 4-wheel events.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
bdueck said:
Does anyone know if Alonso has *any* 2-wheel experience (does he even ride?).

To me this is a bit like a decathalete (Rossi) saying to a sprinter (Alonso) to a multi-event competition. No question Rossi will blow Alonso out of the water, even if Alonso wins both 4-wheel events.
I just hope Alonso has a MotoGP connection that'll risk him destroying a machine as he practices. I also hope Alonso has some good leathers as the "spins" on a bike leave a few more bruises than spins in a car do.

The longer this goes on, the foolishness of Alonso's statement becomes more and more apparent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.