FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJR Blue Beauty, 2014 FJR Red Head, +++
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a spare engine from a 2012 parts bike and would rather build some application than dismantle it for parts.

Google does not flag any four wheel kit cars for street or track that are designed for my 130 hp, but winter is coming and the garage is starting to look too organized.

What would you do with a spare engine that would be fun to make and also to play with afterwards?

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
I have a spare FJR engine in a basket.... I'm going to assemble it and donate it to a local school..... they would have to get very creative to find a fueling system, ignition and computer to make it go. I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not willing to spend the time.
So it could be done with your engine if you have the ignition, fuel system and ECU... OTOH, if it's an intact (bare) engine it's worth selling whole. I see engine parts for sale on ebay, but what internal engine parts could one possibly need... nothing I can think of, so I wouldn't go breaking it apart.

Reactions: TooManyBikes

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it could be done with your engine if you have the ignition, fuel system and ECU... OTOH, if it's an intact (bare) engine it's worth selling whole. I see engine parts for sale on ebay, but what internal engine parts could one possibly need... nothing I can think of, so I wouldn't go breaking it apart.
Yes, you are right!

My engine is complete with the ignition, fuel system, ECU, etc. It keeps calling me to find a problem so it can be a solution - which we all know is the wrong way to approach life. Yet, the winter will be quiet, I enjoy working in the shop, .... So I would love to do something creative with it, or help it find a home with someone who can use it.

·
Registered
2014 FJR-A
80 Posts
Maybe you and Rondesadier should talk.....................Parts bike | FJR Owners Forum

dan

I want to share some tips on how to overcome procrastination. But not today.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Have a spare engine from a 2012 parts bike and would rather build some application than dismantle it for parts.

Google does not flag any four wheel kit cars for street or track that are designed for my 130 hp, but winter is coming and the garage is starting to look too organized.

What would you do with a spare engine that would be fun to make and also to play with afterwards?

go kart !!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
go kart !!!

…and this is exactly what I was going to say:devilish:

Like the way you are thinking! :)

A go cart might weigh 150-175 pounds without driver. Not knowledgeable about weights, but if the original engine has 22 hp and weighs ~50 pounds, changing this out for a 140 hp engine weighing ~150(?) pounds would make one wild drag strip machine - if tires can be found to handle the power!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Like the way you are thinking! :)

A go cart might weigh 150-175 pounds without driver. Not knowledgeable about weights, but if the original engine has 22 hp and weighs ~50 pounds, changing this out for a 140 hp engine weighing ~150(?) pounds would make one wild drag strip machine - if tires can be found to handle the power!
Just put it in Touring mode ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
AWESOME!!! Who wants to drive it?:) (Would not trust it to my 42 yo son, as this machine has trouble written all over it!)
Years ago a friend owed me money, couldn’t pay me back. Offered me his 125hp kart as collateral until he could get it back to me. I rode the hell out of that thing. I was bummed when he called and said he had my money and wanted to come get it a year later lol I’d loan him money again :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: TooManyBikes

·
Registered
505 Posts
I like this idea. They already have a gas engine and the step on gas, start, and go could surely be adapted to the FJR engine. Canadian Goldwings come standard with that feature.

Can't you just see one of these cruising through the Villages with a set of Staintunes barking out the back?

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Golf cart

1 - 14 of 14 Posts