FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

Registered
2015 FJR1300
How about a passenger backrest that bolts onto the SR357 that works with a top box for under $200.....?

Registered
2015 FJR1300A
I just found in the owners manual, it can be turned off, but yeah, have to turn it off every time you start it. It's the wife's vehicle so I don't drive it a lot. My 2006 gm Duramax has basic cruise and the grunt to hold the set speed in almost all conditions, must me spoiled by it. The Toyota always seems to hunt for the right gear on light hills when on cruise control.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I vote for self canceling turn signals. I really don't like the adaptive cruse control in my Toyota, I wish I could turn it off.
Check your manual, I can disable mine

Premium Member
2014 FJR ES
Adaptive CC on new my car is interesting. I'm not used to it yet. It slows down as one approaches the slower vehicle ahead. If that vehicle is going 5 mph slower than you, it slows down so gradually, d you might not notice for a while that your not going as fast as you wanted to be going. Where it could be dangerous on a bike, I know BMW has it on the new RT's, is when a moron cuts right in front of you to make the exit that they are going to miss. My car will all of a sudden brake hard. I can't imagine what that would be on a bike. One could get thrown hard to the windshield and possibly lose control. I know, we are supposed to be aware of our surroundings, but when an idiot out of the blue, cuts in front, brakes to make the exit ramp and you're not at 100% attention.....

Registered
I'd like to see bag protectors that mount so they don't interfere with the passenger foot pegs like they do on my 13.

Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
Which bag protectors have you got? The r-gaza on my bike don't seem to interfere.

Registered
Canyon Cages. The mount vertical in front of the bags and limit where the wife can get her feet to the pegs.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Adaptive CC on new my car is interesting. I'm not used to it yet. It slows down as one approaches the slower vehicle ahead. If that vehicle is going 5 mph slower than you, it slows down so gradually, d you might not notice for a while that your not going as fast as you wanted to be going. Where it could be dangerous on a bike, I know BMW has it on the new RT's, is when a moron cuts right in front of you to make the exit that they are going to miss. My car will all of a sudden brake hard. I can't imagine what that would be on a bike. One could get thrown hard to the windshield and possibly lose control. I know, we are supposed to be aware of our surroundings, but when an idiot out of the blue, cuts in front, brakes to make the exit ramp and you're not at 100% attention.....
What kind of car? I've never had mine jamb the brakes on me yet...

My only complaint so far is if the sensor gets a little dirty I lose CC, even if the adaptive CC is disabled. Happens mostly on those semi-sleet snow-rain days.

Registered
2015 FJR1300A
I did a C/C test when we got the 2020 4Runner, with the cruise on, with my foot hovering over the brake, coming to a stop sign and a car in front of me, it stopped with just some beeping, didn't touch the brake. The collision avoidance squawks and beeps loudly and flashes on the dash display when it activates and it didn't do that. I can't see a motorcycle doing that, the risk of falling over or face planting the wind screen would be very high.

Premium Member
2014 FJR ES
What kind of car? I've never had mine jamb the brakes on me yet...

My only complaint so far is if the sensor gets a little dirty I lose CC, even if the adaptive CC is disabled. Happens mostly on those semi-sleet snow-rain days.
HaHa! You must live in an area where people respect others if it's never happened to you, yet. Don't drive in NJ ! It's called 'the Jersey Sweep'. Going from the extreme left lane, cutting across all lanes of traffic to make the idiots exit at the last moment. Happens so often they gave it a nickname.

Registered
the Jersey Sweep
Funny. I think every state I've driven in has a version of that. :D

Reactions: FjrjrF

Registered
The firewood is normally the last thing we buy for supplies and we drive pretty slow to the campsite. This was an 10 mile drive on gravel. I wouldn't have wanted to drive longer that way.
Great, CJ!
BTW, where'd you get that duffle bag? I think, I should have one for me, in case I'd have to carry firewood or any other big item.:D

Premium Member
Great, CJ!
BTW, where'd you get that duffle bag? I think, I should have one for me, in case I'd have to carry firewood or any other big item.:D
Great, CJ!
I bought that duffle bag at Target in 2002. It's actually just starting to wear out. The material is thinning out and the zipper getting stuck on the material. I've used that bag on all of my hunting and camping trips in the car. On the bike that thing has been to Canada, northern Minnesota and the black hills South Dakota many times. It's been to Hwy 1 on the west coast twice and Vegas.

I just found a very close replacement on Amazon a few days ago for $20. Not a bad price, I think I paid that for the original. It's not water proof but I put a huge black heavy duty trash bag inside to keep everything dry. It works better that you'd think. A couple of bungee cords and a cargo net secures everything.
(Except bundle #3 and #4 of campfire wood.) lol

61 - 80 of 80 Posts