FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,316 Posts
I used that on my Goldwing a couple of times stranded on a downhill. Kinda slow but it works. I think the latest GL's got a separate motor for reverse.

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
72 Posts
I used that on my Goldwing a couple of times stranded on a downhill. Kinda slow but it works. I think the latest GL's got a separate motor for reverse.
Yeah I put 140,000 miles on my 2003 GL1800 and I think I used reverse 6 times in 13 years.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ignition keyed helmet lock.
ignition keyed helmet lock. battery that does not require removing half the plastic with little interlocking tabs to access. Big asks i know but a man is nothing without dreams
There is an option for that:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I would like to have a directable Electro Magnetic Pulse device. With a 100 yard range. See a person texting while driving, good bye phone.... I do see the blue prints on various other channels and it doesn't look that hard to make but the range is very limited. Only about 10 feet max. But hey it's something.
Rocket launcher would be my choice, take them off the road for good

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
There is an option for that:

I'd like to find a helmet lock that works with the ratchet style chin straps on my Neotec2

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Currently my wife is my reverse gear. She is pretty adept at pushing on the headlights at a manageable pace.
Its the hidden little dips in parking spots that gets me. Usually when fully loaded with gear for a multi day trip for the two of us. The bike is just too heavy at that point for me to nudge it over a small tire divot.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Yeah I put 140,000 miles on my 2003 GL1800 and I think I used reverse 6 times in 13 years.
Last time when I used reverse on my GL1800 the button got stuck in R and I couldn't get it to release, had to disassemble the switch housing on the parking lot :rolleyes: ...later found out it's a well known issue with Wings,... Hazzard, Reverse and other buttons start to fail due to road grime getting inside the mechanisms.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,255 Posts
My folks have a skidoo with reverse and the stupid thing has to stop and restart the engine so it runs backwards. Doesn't seem like a big deal unless the battery dies and there is no way to pull start it into reverse ;) I've since learned, never park a sled (or bike) in a position that you can't pull forward out of.

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
93 Posts
I vote for self canceling turn signals. I really don't like the adaptive cruse control in my Toyota, I wish I could turn it off.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Mad Cat,

You can get the Smart Turn Signal system (STS) for the FJR. Make an easy adapter harness for the gadget, and you do not need to splice into any wires. Read the whole thread, to get a handle on it:

My FJR came with the STS system installed. It worked great except it would not cancel after changing lanes. I had to forcefully jerk the front end from side to side in order to get it to cancel after each lane change. It could have been the way the PO installed it, but I got tired of the hassle and ripped the sucker out. Also, I wasn't too comfortable with having the wiring cut/spliced into and the turn signal switch altered to accept the little foam pieces. After I removed the STS, I wasn't happy with the way the turn signal switch worked so I ordered a new replacement switch ($185) and replaced it myself. I now am back to having to cancel my own signals all by myself!

On a side note, my '97 BMW K1100LT did have factory self-cancelling turn signals and they were wonderful.

YMMV

·
Registered
'18 GL1800 Goldwing, '98 Shadow VT1100T, '16 FJR 1300 (Sold)
160 Posts
@Mad Cat Self cancelling turn signals was the 1st option I turned off on my GL1800...

I say just spend the $$ on a better stock seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I vote for self canceling turn signals. I really don't like the adaptive cruse control in my Toyota, I wish I could turn it off.
‘Actually you can change the adaptive cruise, at least the last few years and at least on my 21 Tacoma :) Hold the cruise control button for 2-3 seconds, it will then turn off the adaptive control (it tells me it turned off, your mileage may vary) and function as normal cruise control and then adaptive comes right back on the next time you start it lol but you should be able too. To permanently disable it, you got to get an ECU programming setup, which exists, but I digress…

41 - 60 of 80 Posts