FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Beautiful lines on that car! Hey, it's marking it's territory. The leaks usually stop when they're out of fluids. :LOL:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
t's just

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Better battery access would be nice.

I don't see any smoldering wiring :D
Lucas sells replacement smoke if you ever need it. I keep a jar in the toolbox in the trunk.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
From what I read, I'd not want adaptive cruise on a bike. There is a debate going on about it... I think you should be in control, not a gizmo that limits your ability to accelerate to pass. OK on a car for those texters and drivers perhaps, but jeez people can't we pay attention? Regular cruise is fine.... if others can't get in sync, then become the ride leader where you set the pace.
I'm not sure I follow you on limiting the ability to accelerate or pass. I've never had that as an issue.

I like using my adaptive CC when I'm following guys who can't maintain speed in heavy traffic. Following a yo-yo gets fatiguing after a while.

What I'd really like is for the OEM's to survey motorcyclists in each segment to see what they really want and need.
GM likes doing that. That's how they came up with the Pontiac Aztek...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Side air flow directors that replace or enhance the oem cowl flaps. Still trying to figure out what those are designed to do. It would great to easily adjust cool ambient or warm engine air in or away.
I tried opening the flaps once in cold weather thinking it would keep me warmer. The opposite seemed to happen.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I tried opening the flaps once in cold weather thinking it would keep me warmer. The opposite seemed to happen.
The flaps work as follows: Flush position (closed) forces the air through the fairings to come out on your legs and feet. Open allows hot air to come out the sides and because it makes the bodywork wider, helps to route that hot air around your legs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Personally I’m waiting for a company to invent a sprayer with a tiny tank and a button you can mount on the handlebars. Lean forward, spray shield with lens cleaner…. Use left hand to take microfiber out of glove box or pockets and wipe helmet shield. So far i keep both in the glove box and it works, but you need to find safe stretches of road and use cruise control to do it.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,255 Posts
Personally I’m waiting for a company to invent a sprayer with a tiny tank and a button you can mount on the handlebars. Lean forward, spray shield with lens cleaner…. Use left hand to take microfiber out of glove box or pockets and wipe helmet shield. So far i keep both in the glove box and it works, but you need to find safe stretches of road and use cruise control to do it.
Time to invest in tear-offs. Shoei ahs a system where you use the pinlock holes

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would like to have a directable Electro Magnetic Pulse device. With a 100 yard range. See a person texting while driving, good bye phone.... I do see the blue prints on various other channels and it doesn't look that hard to make but the range is very limited. Only about 10 feet max. But hey it's something.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,840 Posts
Reverse gear would be nice.
Mobilemike,

A bolt-on "reverse gear" (to retro-fit any bike) would be even nicer. It could fit up into the rear fender, or into a cut-out in the rear fender. It would drop down a rubber friction wheel to drive the rear wheel backwards. One-speed, at first, but maybe with a selection of gear ratios for various sizes of bikes. Releasing the power button can retract the gadget when not needed. There you go . . . :cool:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Mobilemike,

A bolt-on "reverse gear" (to retro-fit any bike) would be even nicer. It could fit up into the rear fender, or into a cut-out in the rear fender. It would drop down a rubber friction wheel to drive the rear wheel backwards. One-speed, at first, but maybe with a selection of gear ratios for various sizes of bikes. Releasing the power button can retract the gadget when not needed. There you go . . . :cool:
Or use your cordless drill 😉

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,255 Posts
Maybe some power drive roller skates so you can put your feet down and actuate it.
Reverse - seriously?

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,840 Posts
Maybe some power drive roller skates so you can put your feet down and actuate it. Reverse - seriously?
Chuck,

Some of the big Hondas now have a low-speed electric reverse on tap. Engage a separate gear shifter, and use the starter button to back up. Owners say they like them.

Reactions: CJ323

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I noticed that too. It seems like when they are closed the engine heat gets directed to your feet. I opened them mid summer and my feet were thankful to not be cooking.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Here's a company that offers such a "flap": Baker Built Product Details

They offer this for Gen1, but you could ask if they have a version for Gen2 and/or Gen3.

View attachment 81534

I had some of these on my BMW K1100LT for several years, they made a huge difference on the amount of air that you receive or block behind the fairing.

YMMV
Thank you for sending this. I'll take a closer look to see what they have here.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
The flaps work as follows: Flush position (closed) forces the air through the fairings to come out on your legs and feet. Open allows hot air to come out the sides and because it makes the bodywork wider, helps to route that hot air around your legs.
Yes that's what happens when I adjust them. My feet cook when they are closed. Perfect for cold weather. The heat around my legs when open seemed negligible.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just hit 24,000 miles on my 2020 ES. Not one farkle installed. ☺
It's one of those bikes where you can actually do that and be fine. I think I'd miss my LAAM seat though..lol

Reactions: Carbide
21 - 40 of 80 Posts