FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a blind spot warning light on the mirrors I kind of like the more I use it.

I'd also like to see a turn signal indicator light on the mirror.

Adaptive radar cruise control might be nice too on those longer trips. Possibly more dangerous too. I love this feature on my car.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,259 Posts
Turn signal lights on mirror are a thing. One of the things I removed from my fjr was a brake light flasher box that also had led strips stuck to the undersides of the mirrors for turn signals.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Adaptive radar cruise would be great. Did a 5k mile ride with 3 of my buddies. Two of them have cruise control but we were always .5 mph off and couldn't quite stay directly in line with them.
Other than that, bike is great!!

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,323 Posts
Once upon a time you could get Muth mirrors (for Goldwings) that had LED signals in the mirrors. Kisan has a turn signal module with LED strips you attached to the bottom of the mirrors, with a brake light option..... auto cancelling at 10-20-30 second intervals you could set, brake light flasher option. Another option is illuminating your signals as running lights (but there are other devices that do the same thing). I had the Kisan on my '07. They ultimately failed because the waterproof feature failed after 3 years.

From what I read, I'd not want adaptive cruise on a bike. There is a debate going on about it... I think you should be in control, not a gizmo that limits your ability to accelerate to pass. OK on a car for those texters and drivers perhaps, but jeez people can't we pay attention? Regular cruise is fine.... if others can't get in sync, then become the ride leader where you set the pace.

I'd say keep it simple and be careful what we wish for.... did we need a 6 speed on an FJR? ES suspensions... you get stuck with a formula determined by the OEM and very often can't set it the way one would like, e.g., damping all tied together front and rear and not separately adjustable.... I'd rather the OEM's put good seats and properly sprung and adjustable suspensions on bikes, we all spend thousands on that stuff.

Someday, for fun, look at a Tracer GT and go through the TFT display menus..... getting way too complicated.....

What I'd really like is for the OEM's to survey motorcyclists in each segment to see what they really want and need.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,259 Posts
Kisan has a turn signal module with LED strips you attached to the bottom of the mirrors, with a brake light option..... auto cancelling at 10-20-30 second intervals you could set, brake light flasher option.
That is the thing I pulled off my bike, along with another Kisan module that flashed the headlights.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm also not convinced all new tech is 'helpful' in the long run. Like Ray alluded to it tends to dumb things down. I thought of this just a couple of days ago as I sat next to my son while he was driving my truck. He got his license a couple of years ago and generally a safe driver but I can see the influence of tech on him. So frustrating to see him change lanes on I-95 just by glancing at the mirrors. Turn your head and glance! Same with backing up and just using a camera. Argh!! I know this isn't what the OP was looking for (I think) but it felt good to vent.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Would like to see a 100% water repellant windscreens and visors, they developed all these "ceramic, Nano" coatings for cars, so since we don't get wipers it would be time to make riding in the rain safer for bikes.

Also a kickstand on each side, and an option to deploy both at the push of a button, when speed is less then 5kph, say parking, U turns...so you start slipping...push the button and save the bike from falling. It would be a great help for aging, short riders.

Also electric centerstand, like bmw k1200LT

·
Registered
200 Posts
Air conditioning......

·
Registered
775 Posts
I dont understand why even BMW does not build in a controller for heated gear. I have installed a panel mount controller on all my bikes for a long time. Even my CBR1000RR.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Side air flow directors that replace or enhance the oem cowl flaps. Still trying to figure out what those are designed to do. It would great to easily adjust cool ambient or warm engine air in or away.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Side air flow directors that replace or enhance the oem cowl flaps. Still trying to figure out what those are designed to do. It would great to easily adjust cool ambient or warm engine air in or away.

Here's a company that offers such a "flap": Baker Built Product Details

They offer this for Gen1, but you could ask if they have a version for Gen2 and/or Gen3.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

I had some of these on my BMW K1100LT for several years, they made a huge difference on the amount of air that you receive or block behind the fairing.

YMMV

Reactions: CJ323

·
Registered
2021 FJR
147 Posts
A turn signal audible alarm that only activates above 5mph. Actually have been working on the design of one for my 1965 Triumph TR4 where for some reason I need it more than on the bike.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Got a pic of the TR4? I've got a TR6 and a fondness for Brit cars.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts