FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 2006 FJR1300.

I had my bike apart to disconnect the windshield limit switch.
On reassembly, I found a mystery wire. I see no obvious tie point. The mystery wire is located near the right headlight level adjustment.

The windshield retracted limit switch connector is shown in the photo. That's not part of the question, but I wanted to point out what I was working on. Disconnecting this switch stops the auto-retract of the windshield.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Yellow Tire

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
Ambient temperature sensor.... it just sits there, the eyelet is not used..... it is on Gen3.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've glanced at the ambient temp more than once, usually on slab runs, and always thought it showed warmer than what it should. Wondered if moving that sensor somehow would give a better reading. One of these days . . . .

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,561 Posts
My FJR's........ the '07 with same placement was OK at speed, but very slow speed or sitting in traffic, engine heat can raise it, takes a few minutes again at speed to bring it down. Definitely could use a relocation into fresh air or maybe even bring in a fresh air duct tube... I didn't bother.
The '14 (Gen3's) have it mounted with a screw on the upper part of the cast aluminum mirror stay, somewhat more forward and a tad higher, but same deal, will rise if at parking lot speed. Not bad though....

Reactions: BigOgre
1 - 6 of 6 Posts