FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
Whatever works... I'm just keeping mine out of the weather, I don't think it's waterproof.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's 2022, why bother with various garage door openers and red buttons (that are not waterproof anyway), just use the MyQ App on your smartphone, just a touch of the screen to open or close. (plus you can open and close your garage door from anywhere in the world, I.e. for Amazon delivery, and it will notify you if you leave the door open when you go to work)
View attachment 85317

2) Or setup your MyQ to automatically open and close the door, When you leave or arrive home, an intelligent geofence recognizes your vehicle's location and automatically opens or closes your garage door.

3) Or You can use MyQ with Google Assistant. You can connect MyQ to Google Assistant and close the garage door or check the status of it! Simply say, 'OK Google, ask MyQ to close the garage door,' and it will!

I use it and it's great for operating door and double-checking when not home..they sell a camera too.

Reactions: Damir

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
2,196 Posts
Bought them off ebay. You just need to lookup the one that works with your garage door openers. Just search on Keychain garage door opener

One example - 2 for $15

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
380 Posts
A: A cager isn't going to know what the hell you are doing when that comes on being so close together.
B: Who in their right mind would push that button without a fresh 2020 lease dealership warrantee holding bike?
C: We ride FJR's, when the heck would we need that button other than a flat tire and even then a good car tire will run-flat and get you into a neighborhood to safely patch it.
Not like any of us have engine trouble ever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used the same Flash2Pass for several years. It connects to the bright lights on your bike and you take the push button switch off the wall in the garage and connect the receiver to those two wires so it works with all brands of garage doors (there is still a button to push to open/close door on receiver). Flash bright lights twice to open or close door. It will operate my door up to around 60 feet away for me. I only have one bike so it works for me. When I get another bike, I take the sending unit off the old one and put it on the new one. Best part? No batteries to replace, ever.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts