FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
There's only one way to find out! ;)

Reactions: Drgibson

·
Registered
325 Posts
Push it and find out. It is after market, not OEM. Maybe a garage door opener was wired in or an aux light switch.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,772 Posts
If "nothing", then maybe a garage door opener.... remove the panel to find out......

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
508 Posts
If it has no function, it surely would be a nice button for your garage opener. Easy to add that under the panel - I did that on my old ST1300, which had a similar button on the handlebar cluster - PO used it for his communication setup

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,525 Posts
I personally prefer the little keychain sized door openers. Keeps the opener with you. I put a little piece of velcro on the back and then on the tree of the bike somewhere so that it isn't dangling

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,772 Posts
I prefer the small keychain remotes too... velcro to the lid of the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
It's 2022, why bother with various garage door openers and red buttons (that are not waterproof anyway), just use the MyQ App on your smartphone, just a touch of the screen to open or close. (plus you can open and close your garage door from anywhere in the world, I.e. for Amazon delivery, and it will notify you if you leave the door open when you go to work...and then when you get to work pull out your phone and close your garage door at home...how cool is that...if you have cameras you can watch the garage door close in real time)
Azure Font Material property Circle Logo

2) Or setup your MyQ to automatically open and close the door, When you leave or arrive home, an intelligent geofence recognizes your vehicle's location and automatically opens or closes your garage door.

3) Or You can use MyQ with Google Assistant. You can connect MyQ to Google Assistant and close the garage door or check the status of it! Simply say, 'OK Google, ask MyQ to close the garage door,' and it will!

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,772 Posts
Keychain remote is still simpler. I don't have my phone mounted I keep it on my person, I don't have touchscreen gloves, and I don't want to stop to play with my phone.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,525 Posts
Yup - and I don't want every device in my house attached to the internet, and I don't want my phone to be in control of my life. If I want to open the garage door, I stand near it and push a button. If I want to change the temperature in the house, I walk over to the thermostat and change it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts