FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJR1300A
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, So I am talking about the crosshair style emblem on the right side of the front midfairing. I cant say that I see them consistently. Were they only on particular years? Did people not like them and remove them? Just trying to get the whole story, as the 2012 unit that I just bought does not have it - and I'm wondering the worst that perhaps the bike may have been repainted.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
I think the old style badge that came on my ‘09 is hideous (picture below). Removed it immediately. The newer badge isn’t as bad but I would still remove it if I had a new model. Looks cleaner without it IMO.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Reactions: Mopheadama

·
Registered
2009 x 2 FJR, 2004 Concours, 2017 XR650L
70 Posts
I think the old style badge that came on my ‘09 is hideous (picture below). Removed it immediately. The newer badge isn’t as bad but I would still remove it if I had a new model. Looks cleaner without it IMO.
That's interesting. I've had a few guys ask me where I got mine as they want one for their FJR. I like it personally.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The crosshair FJR stickers on my 2008 were removed the day after I got it and promptly tossed in the trash. They’re ugly, imho.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
Everyone has different preferences 👍🏻

I just don’t understand the whole circle and X design. Also, I think it breaks up the clean line of the fairing and I have a thing against chrome accents. I completely debadged my car for this same reason. I prefer a less is more and keep it clean approach. The only one I like is the old Gen1 “FJR” painted(?) on the fairing.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I also took off the tank emblems as well. Looks a lot cleaner that way.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
Also, the “1300” is in the strangest typeface. Like, what is that!? They might as well have used comic sans. The whole Gen2 badge design is… strange.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Also, the “1300” is in the strangest typeface. Like, what is that!? They might as well have used comic sans. The whole Gen2 badge design is… strange.
they wanted to confuse bystanders and people who think; every bike is a bee-em-w ;)
Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 30 Posts