FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ain't it kooooool! :crylarf:

Ya think Warchild blinged this thing, or what? :wink:

:)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Oh I get it. When you say you ride an "ST 4" it refers to how many wheels. Ducati quad. Once again Ducati designers just missed the mark on the headlights. Your riding gear goes well with the bling look. Pay attention to the desmotronic valve adjustments and you will be fine. :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Only cool if those wheels are spinners, Liquid. 8)

In a blatant attempt to hijack this thread, just what is the technical reason for ATVs not being street legal in this country? Is it the whole "tipover" thing? Seems to me they are as road-worthy as an old CJ-3 or a Yugo. If you could fit one with a little heated cab it would make a super fun and economical commuter here in the wintertime.

·
Super Moderator
3,944 Posts
Point of order. A BIke is 2 wheels. This might be a QUike,

I would suspect they're not street legal because the height of the lights tends to be lower that required by DOT specs. Same reasona go cart wouldn't be. From an individual perspective, it'd seem imprudent to ride either in traffic as cars would not see you over their hood/trunk and not be conditioned to look for those cute little flag poles bobbing around in traffic.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bounce said:
those cute little flag poles bobbing around in traffic.
Funny thought.

It seems to me that I DID see street-licensed ATVs in the rural areas some time ago... but I would imagine with 22" rims, Vogue (ghetto) tires and that rigid rear axle, the thing would handle pretty miserably in anything but a straight line.

Heard that zzzzip! And somewhere, there's a 1979 Delta88 sitting up on blocks, with an owner vowing, "I'm gonna git dat sucka dat stoled my re-aamz!"

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I think it is in Arizonia and New Mexico their quads are licensed for street. I read something somewhere and saw a picture of the car size plates on the back end. Maybe even had a brake light, turn signal kit. Must sell alot of ATV tires there.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pluric said:
Must sell alot of ATV tires there.
No doubt! Those knobbies couldn't last long on pavement.

Hey, maybe they could buy some re-amms and Vogues!! :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts