FJR Owners Forum banner

What Did You Do To Your FJR Today?

559K views 4K replies 572 participants last post by  JoelTheMole 
#1 · (Edited)
I changed windscreens from a Cal Sci Sport tinted shorty to a Cee Bailey plus 2 tinted reverse flip.

Big difference in quality.

The Cal Sci had very rough edges, looked like it was cut with a hack saw and not finished or polished.
The Cee Bailey had a much better finish with the edges polished nicely.

Went for a ride today and I like it!!

Wind protection for me is better than the Cal Sci especially with the screen up all the way.

#7 ·
Waxed the paint, cleaned the air filter, raised the idle from 900rpm to 1100rpm, removed the PAIR and performed the throttle return spring mod to lighten the throttle pull. I was going to perform the Barbarian mod but there's no way in heck that PIN23 is going to come out without a pin extractor. (sigh)

Reactions: FlatTop
#10 ·
Changed the engine earl and shaft earl.

#12 ·
Installed mcl driver foot peg lowering brackets. Snow forecast. Can't try them for afew days yet. Feel great sitting on the bike. And waxed her. Again

#18 ·
I installed 1" bar risers. So far, I like the change, but will have to wait for a seriously long ride to see if they cure the "between the shoulders" ache from previous rides.

Putting new tires on it this week.

#19 ·
Put on the new PR4 rear tire. Greased all of the driveshaft and u joint spines. new diff oil too. It was in the 20's this morning so I'll get to ride it after I go home for lunch. I'll ride it back to work and see how the new tires feel.

#20 ·
- I heard my dad say "holy Sh*t" over our intercom. -

Took the FJR out yesterday with dad to go enjoy the countryside. There was an older GSXR in front of us and I thought I'd be playful and catch up to him. I yelled "sport mode!" and kicked into said mode. Grabbed some throttle and I was off. My dad on his Honda 919 was dumbfounded that the big girl got up and hurled herself down the road that quickly. Honestly I am to everytime I switch from Touring. Lol

He said after catching up.. "So apparently you DO still have Ducati like performance, only now it's reliable." LOL

#27 ·
- I heard my dad say "holy Sh*t" over our intercom. -

Took the FJR out yesterday with dad to go enjoy the countryside. There was an older GSXR in front of us and I thought I'd be playful and catch up to him. I yelled "sport mode!" and kicked into said mode. Grabbed some throttle and I was off. My dad on his Honda 919 was dumbfounded that the big girl got up and hurled herself down the road that quickly. Honestly I am to everytime I switch from Touring. Lol

He said after catching up.. "So apparently you DO still have Ducati like performance, only now it's reliable." LOL
"Sport mode!!"

love it! I am gonna have to start using that phrase to warn the others!

#22 ·
Mine come in tomorrow and hope to get them installed Wednesday. Can't wait to try them out. If the PR's make the same difference as they did on the Versys the FJR is going to be a bigger beast......... :)

#25 ·
Got my relay arm bearings and seals today, along with correct size dog bone order. Thru on the bones and went for a ride. Oh Yeah ! The 5/8" shorter bones work perfect ,raising the rear slightly and "leveling off" the stiffer fork springs geometry. No scraping,quicker lighter feel too. PR4 GT's come tomorrow.

#26 · (Edited)
My '05 is apart for a general inspection including valves, plugs etc.. but as I get into it further, I find myself doing more and more...tonight, the headlight and the rest of the fairing came off. Wondering next how to lube the power windshield mechanism. Yam shop manual doesn't mention anything about it....
T-stat, plugs and other misc parts arriving tomorrow so I can start some re-assembly later this week...
Mr. BR

Attachments

#28 ·
Rode to work today to test out the new PR4s. Rode home in a snow storm with high winds. It was only 36 so it didn't stick. When I got home, put the bike away and went upstairs, it quit snowing and the sun came out. Wind is still howling and it's starting to cloud up again.

#29 ·
Put mine back in the shed last Friday. Riding has become excruciatingly painful, but at least I can still walk reasonably well without a cane. Going under the knife 4/4. Looking to get it back out sometime mid May-ish I hope.

These are typically under the skin but mine is deep in the left thigh muscle, pressing on the nerve bundle that runs down the leg so most times it's a deep, dull ache; other times it's a cramp-like feeling, sometimes it feels like a shin splint but mostly it feels like a pulled groin muscle. I'm good for about 4 miles on the bike; at 10 miles I have to park it and my leg is basically useless.

#30 · (Edited)
I successfully completed the Barbarian mod and since I already blew my bike budget for the next while, I was forced to DIY a radiator guard until I can afford a COX Racing guard.

1/4" critter barrier and some Plasti-Dip and I've got at least a little something to protect the radiator. Not too bad for about $12.

Attachments

#31 ·
I hooked her to the Battery Tender...supposed to be rainy and cool for a the next couple days.