FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1961 - 1980 of 1994 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
8,063 Posts
Productive day here:

• replaced spark plugs, used Iridiums for the first time ever;
  • replaced the throttle body test port caps. They'll rot and crack then you wonder why your bike isn't running so good;
  • replaced the coolant with the flavor I like and washed out the overflow reservoir.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Productive day here:

• replaced spark plugs, used Iridiums for the first time ever;
  • replaced the throttle body test port caps. They'll rot and crack then you wonder why your bike isn't running so good;
  • replaced the coolant with the flavor I like and washed out the overflow reservoir.
Strawberry Kiwi flavor?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Changed earl and filtro.
Changed rear diff oil.
Checked coolant levels and brake / clutch fluid reservoirs.
Lubed the pivot points.
Gave a good look over and fastener tightening.
Washed the liners and cheekpads in the Corsair X, X14 and RHA 11 daily helmets. Gave them all a wax.
Ready for 80 degrees next week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Installed Gerald highway pegs. Awesome all the way around! They fit ok under my R Garza police version bars.

installed Barkbuster hand guards. Simple install. Kept the bar weights in place.

Installed MV Motoradd riser kit. Works well I believe.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Installed: Grip puppies, Garauld Stiffy Kit, HVMP bar ends (the heavy ones!), foot peg rubber, and shifter rubber.

Reactions: Metalo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Accumulated parts.
SR357 arrived
Shorai battery arrived
Ordered gear oil, a set of Grab Ons and an air filter

·
Registered
2008 Fjr1300, 2012 CBF1000
106 Posts
Put my virtually brand new in the box Yamaha Touring screen up for sale on Kijiji (Canada). Much prefer the stock screen with that variable pitch MRA type deflector I bought off aliexpress.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed Gerald highway pegs. Awesome all the way around! They fit ok under my R Garza police version bars.

installed Barkbuster hand guards. Simple install. Kept the bar weights in place.

Installed MV Motoradd riser kit. Works well I believe.
Did you order the kit directly from MV Motorrad? I want to get it because I like it better than the Helibar option, but I'm concerned about the import/tax issue brining it into the US. Any issues or did you just order it and it came to the door?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Put a Powerlet 48" battery tender plug on. The regular 12-18" plug is not long enough to route anywhere that I feel is not intrusive or hideous looking. Routed it so its tucked away behind the rear master cylinder. It's discrete, hidden but easily accessible. Should have a couple HiFlo filter and Maxima DOT4 brake fluid coming in the mail today. Don't need them but will eventually.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Installed a Powerlet jack that is directly connected to the battery so that I can trickle charge and run an air compressor to fill tires. Also installed a Garmin Zumo XT and Touratech Locking Cradle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Havent done them yet.. BUT planning on the following over the next few days/weeks.

Applying FJR1300 Decals, installing Corbin seat, installing Garauld highway peg kit, installing the back rest that attaches to my GIVI top box

I'm not in a super rush as she has to go in for the recall and doesnt go until April 20th. I dont want to send her in with new bling and have it broken/not make it back

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I had no offers on the Stiffy kit I posted in the for sale section so I decided to install it. With the addition of the Givi Sr357 I can hit pot holes with reckless abandon now and not worry about my subframe.

Just kidding, I'll still avoid pot holes. :LOL:

Reactions: rbentnail

·
Registered
2008 Fjr1300, 2012 CBF1000
106 Posts
Finished installing my new Delkevics and took her for a BIG ride. Weather has been fantastic although the roads are still a bit sandy. So far I love everything about the Delks!

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
8,063 Posts
I dumped my engine oil out. Unfortunately at the time I was doing about 65 mph :mad:.

Been out riding, Sunday was a nice day. Heading home, US divided hwy, putzing along. Suddenly my low oil level light comes on. I get off the hwy within a 1/4 mile or so and hit the kill switch. A qt maybe quart & a half of engine oil freely flows out from underneath. My oil drain plug is gone!! Hoe. Lee. Crap!!

Sent a few texts, local guy comes to the rescue on his '15 FJR with his wife, a drain plug from the parts store and 5 qts of oil. Everything's fine. And it's not like I just changed the oil that day. I've got at least 500 or 600 miles on it since I did that job and I've never had that happen before. Looks like a lock wire is in my near future. Un-frikken-believable.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I dumped my engine oil out. Unfortunately at the time I was doing about 65 mph :mad:.
Looks like a lock wire is in my near future. Un-frikken-believable.
Russ,

If you are willing to drill the tiny lock-wire hole, a new Final Drive drain plug will work well there, and it's magnetic. There is a lip partly around the drain plug hole where you can drill to secure the other end of the lock-wire.

I put heat-shrink tubing on the band of a large screw-type hose clamp (for a good grip) and installed the hose clamp on the oil filter. I butted the screw-adjuster against the engine boss that is near the filter. A long screwdriver or a small socket wrench does the job, . This trick prevents the oil filter from coming loose in the slightest degree.

Somebody who saw my "precautions" once asked me if I was worried that those things might come loose in flight.
I just smiled and said "Nope." :cool:

Reactions: Metalo

·
Registered
240 Posts

Been out riding, Sunday was a nice day. Heading home, US divided hwy, putzing along. Suddenly my low oil level light comes on. I get off the hwy within a 1/4 mile or so and hit the kill switch. A qt maybe quart & a half of engine oil freely flows out from underneath. My oil drain plug is gone!! Hoe. Lee. Crap!!

Sent a few texts, local guy comes to the rescue on his '15 FJR with his wife, a drain plug from the parts store and 5 qts of oil. Everything's fine. And it's not like I just changed the oil that day. I've got at least 500 or 600 miles on it since I did that job and I've never had that happen before. Looks like a lock wire is in my near future. Un-frikken-believable.

Man that's crazy.

Must've taken an hour or two minimum for your buddy to get all that stuff together and ride out to you. Did you just sit on your bike beside the road waiting - or was there any place near enough that you could go sit and grab a cup of coffee or a cold drink?

·
Registered
69 Posts

I've heard of speedy oil changes before but never a 65mph oil change! Very ambitious!

1961 - 1980 of 1994 Posts