FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2901 - 2920 of 2928 Posts

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
250 Posts
Not to turn this into a tire thread - but since you pack on the miles. What kind of tires and what kind of miles are you getting out of them? I'm on my second front after only 8K
This will be the 2nd set of Roadsmart 3s. I like them and get between 10k-11k miles.
Good price since everyone is getting the 4s now.

·
Premium Member
2007 AE
13 Posts
Swapped the turn/tail incans with LED, found (eventually) and replaced the el rapido flasher. Then added a brakelight strobe module to hopefully get some texting teen's attention. PO had changed the big candles to LED already.

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
500 Posts
Finished installing these Chinese Goldwing-style footpegs:

on the passenger footpeg brackets.

Was not an easy install. Had to grind about 1mm of metal off both sides of the bits that go in the brackets, to shrink them enough to fit. This will be easier with a belt grinder or other dedicated grinding tool.

The springloaded ball detent and plates from the stock passenger footpegs cannot be transferred, so there's no springloaded detent holding the passenger footpegs up when stowed. However, there's enough friction in fitment that they seem likely to stay up on their own. At the same time, folding them down doesn't require too much force. The amount of force needed can be adjusted, by tightening the mounting screw and nut more, or less. Here's how the right one looks:

(Note: I have passenger footpeg lowering brackets installed. Same fit as with stock footpeg brackets.)

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
250 Posts
Finished installing these Chinese Goldwing-style footpegs:

on the passenger footpeg brackets.

Was not an easy install. Had to grind about 1mm of metal off both sides of the bits that go in the brackets, to shrink them enough to fit. This will be easier with a belt grinder or other dedicated grinding tool.

The springloaded ball detent and plates from the stock passenger footpegs cannot be transferred, so there's no springloaded detent holding the passenger footpegs up when stowed. However, there's enough friction in fitment that they seem likely to stay up on their own. At the same time, folding them down doesn't require too much force. The amount of force needed can be adjusted, by tightening the mounting screw and nut more, or less. Here's how the right one looks:

(Note: I have passenger footpeg lowering brackets installed. Same fit as with stock footpeg brackets.)

I bought a few sets of those for my 2003 Wing. 😁

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
500 Posts
Half the price of but just as good as used OEM Goldwing footpegs, as far as I can tell.

They're missing the "lean sensor" bolts/studs but that seemed OK for passenger footpegs. OEM passenger pegs didn't have any either.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300 Liquid Silver
206 Posts
Rode mine from Laurel Mississippi to Egg Harbor New Jersey.
PA next before turning south toward home.
Hoping for good weather when I get near the tail of the Dragon so I can get some photos of me on the FJR.

Here I am watching a parade. I was IN the parade, but my clutch hand was getting tired.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,003 Posts
Got all the luggage liners loaded for my trip in a few days. Just need to fill the little cooler and should be all set. If I stayed in hotels I could eliminate half of this stuff, but the KOA cabins require bedding;) Going to be a 4.5 day trip 2200 miles minimum with a stop to forge a knife in PA (and definitely a stop in a beer tent for Octoberfest)
Shoe Picture frame Cabinetry Wood Luggage and bags

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Finally unpacked it from a 3 day, 880 mile ride. Was supposed to last a day longer but with an 85% chance of rain where I was 350 miles from home, and the same forecast all the way home I cut the trip short.

I wanted to post a clip from the Relive app but it says .MOV is not a valid extension. I could swear I've done it before. Hmmm.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Today, I rolled 30K kms on the bike and freshened up the air filter.
Automotive tire Fluid Gas Cable Auto part
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
250 Posts
The olde '13 clicked over 100K yesterday, so let it have a "benchmark" rest day and rode the new to me '03 FZ1 to work today.
That's what I like to see on sport tourers. 10,000 miles per year..minimum. 🙂
Well done.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,003 Posts
Just about dropped it in the cracker barrel parking lot. Went to set it on stand and it bece apparent that I had not put it down. Once you get that bike to 45 degrees it is a real treat to hold it/upright it.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,003 Posts
Just fine. Luckily I grab both bars and twist left when I put it down, so I had a good grip

·
Registered
28 Posts
Put about 400 miles riding back and forth to work this week. I will work my 7th straight 12 hour night tomorrow then off till sat day shift. Plans for days off are oil change bleed clutch and brakes on the FJR pull and send off carbs on the Honda V65 Sabre. Trouble shoot the fuel system on the ranger I just bought. Cut grass I have 11 acres. shoot some Skeet. Finish floor and baseboards on grandsons room and if I can squeeze it in a trip to pic and pull

2901 - 2920 of 2928 Posts