FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2661 - 2680 of 2843 Posts

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300 Liquid Silver
129 Posts
I replaced a Garmin Street Pilot mount with a Quad Lock phone mount. Should work nicely with my new Bluetooth helmet.

The Quad Lock is disgustingly expensive, but worth the money for peace of mind.

I love the new helmet. (I go through them pretty quickly with the amount of riding that I do. )
Everything works great: bluetooth controls, vents and inner shield are all improved over my previous Torc helmet.
The only thing I don't like is how hard it is to see out of when the outer visor is down.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
Had to install a heat pump (mini split) for a friend in Winthrop. Fortunately the way to get there is via SR-20 (aka Cascade Loop). Stunning ride as always, even though the return today was rainy.
Rode across 20 a coupla weeks ago on June 22, have the same pic of Diablo Lake.... the obligatory stop in Winthrop, I had a coffee stop at Pony Expresso on the east side of town..... in my ongoing quest to find huckleberries whenever I'm out there, here is the makings and the maker of a huckleberry milkshake with huckleberry ice cream..... I think you should go back on a follow-up service call to see if the heat pump is working properly, nudge nudge, wink wink..............

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car

Smile Waist Happy Luggage and bags Street fashion

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
345 Posts
Actually yesterday: installed an Innovv K2 dashcam system on my 2015 FJR.

While I had the seat off, I figured out how to use the seat-height-adjuster thingy. Neat! Never owned a bike with selectable seat height before.

Also, took the opportunity to neaten up the under-seat compartment. PO had a Denali Powerhub 2 and Power Commander in there, floating free on their wires.

I applied industrial Velcro to make the Powerhub 2 secure, yet able to be removed if needed.

Power Commander got tucked in the space between underseat tray and outer plastic panel, along with some excess dashcam cable.

Dashcam DVR (which is about the size of a deck of cards) went diagonally in the accessory space, secured with the provided rubber strap. Total coincidence that it fit, but it works.

Power cube for dashcam is Velcro'd to the vertical surface just under the seat support.

Photos in the "Innovv K2" thread this forum, if you're interested.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,702 Posts
While I had the seat off, I figured out how to use the seat-height-adjuster thingy. Neat! Never owned a bike with selectable seat height before.
Hint: for me it's not either/or. For long day rides I put the seat in high, anticipating just a few stops along the way. When I get somewhere and plan on putzing around, I put the seat in low for better stability at frequent stops.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Took it for a ride to the prop shop to drop off last weekends victim. Got ahold of a log or something. Normally the FZ1 is the around town bike, but its luggage isn't big enough for the ski boat prop.
Wood Musical instrument accessory Natural material Metal Fashion accessory

Reactions: Reserector

·
Registered
271 Posts
Stepped up into Russell Day Long seats. Black vinyl, dual seats, Rectangular design and got a rain cover. Took a 4 day relaxing trip to do a drive-in for the seat. Well worth it! Love the seats. The drive down was a bit painful. After the seat I was in heaven and 90% of my butt soreness went completely away! Love these seats!

I opted to not get the sport version. It looks fine on the bike. Now getting on the bike when I have a passenger or like on my way home, my roll up wet bag sitting on the passenger seat is tricky as hell. My leg don’t swing that high anymore lol Got the seat dirty 915 times getting on the bike. I got better at it but still…I found standing on the peg first was the easiest but still tricky all geared up for the ride lol One guy driving by while I did my swing my leg up and heel lands on the seat, then I scootch onto the bike. Guy driving by honked a medley at me. Must be a bike rider and knew what I was dealing with lol

Of course my first night parking in the hotel parking lot, I should have used the rain cover. I was at the coast, there were plenty of birds and I got initiated overnight as well as some morning dew. Came right off but still, the little bastard!

Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire

Automotive tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive tire

Outerwear Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant Sleeve

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
532 Posts
Stepped up into Russell Day Long seats. Black vinyl, dual seats, Rectangular design and got a rain cover. Took a 4 day relaxing trip to do a drive-in for the seat. Well worth it! Love the seats. The drive down was a bit painful. After the seat I was in heaven and 90% of my butt soreness went completely away! Love these seats!

I opted to not get the sport version. It looks fine on the bike. Now getting on the bike when I have a passenger or like on my way home, my roll up wet bag sitting on the passenger seat is tricky as hell. My leg don’t swing that high anymore lol Got the seat dirty 915 times getting on the bike. I got better at it but still…I found standing on the peg first was the easiest but still tricky all geared up for the ride lol One guy driving by while I did my swing my leg up and heel lands on the seat, then I scootch onto the bike. Guy driving by honked a medley at me. Must be a bike rider and knew what I was dealing with lol

Of course my first night parking in the hotel parking lot, I should have used the rain cover. I was at the coast, there were plenty of birds and I got initiated overnight as well as some morning dew. Came right off but still, the little bastard!

View attachment 86690
View attachment 86697
View attachment 86698
View attachment 86696
View attachment 86695
View attachment 86691
View attachment 86693
View attachment 86694
View attachment 86692

View attachment 86699
:LOL:These seats may be comfortable, but they surely don't win any design awards!

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
271 Posts
:LOL:These seats may be comfortable, but they surely don't win any design awards!
They look much better in person than any picture I have seen. I even tried to take many pics hoping one would capture it better. Not sure why that is. They blend well with the bike when you have the panniers and top case on completing the ‘touring’ look.

Had a friend over last night that had doubts too but once he saw it in person he said they look better than he thought they would, they look comfortable and don’t stand out. His ZRX has a broken fork seal so he can’t ride but as we both said, he would be hard pressed to stay with me on long rides like this, we’d be pushing the comfort hours of the ZRX (I used to have a black one so I know, he has the lime green). I kept sending him pics from the trip just to motivate him to get the ZRX fixed lol

I’ve outlived my 20’s where looking cool was more important than function, I deserve function and comfort these days lol

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
345 Posts
I felt clever this afternoon because I Velcro'd an ID card holder to the tank, just in front of the fuel door. Easy access without digging through pockets, a tank bag, or getting off the bike.

On my commute I must stop and show said card. Handling it can become a circus, when one is riding to work. I used to tuck it in the tank bag on my other bike, but I'm trying to go tank bag-less on the FJR.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I felt clever this afternoon because I Velcro'd an ID card holder to the tank, just in front of the fuel door. Easy access without digging through pockets, a tank bag, or getting off the bike.

On my commute I must stop and show said card. Handling it can become a circus, when one is riding to work. I used to tuck it in the tank bag on my other bike, but I'm trying to go tank bag-less on the FJR.
Military? I am retired military and work on a base so i also have to show ID on my ride to work

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
255 Posts

I feel like the glove box is perfect for this. May be difficult if you want to leave gloves on. Assuming you’ve considered it and have reasons.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
I feel like the glove box is perfect for this. May be difficult if you want to leave gloves on. Assuming you’ve considered it and have reasons.
I'm thinking a ski pass armband over the jacket arm , unless they actually need to handle it.
Automotive lighting Art Flag Font Automotive design

2661 - 2680 of 2843 Posts