FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2641 - 2660 of 2670 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Sounds like many of us had a fine holiday. Good on us! I think next I need to find a taller screen for interstate riding. I didn't have good luck with the Aeroflow but I think I'm going to try them again.

·
Registered
2014 FJR 2003 ZRX1200
99 Posts
Sounds like many of us had a fine holiday. Good on us! I think next I need to find a taller screen for interstate riding. I didn't have good luck with the Aeroflow but I think I'm going to try them again.
I'm thinking the same thing. Not sure of the brand but I'm also not sure if It would be better. I rode some interstate this weekend and kept it in the low position mostly, but I think I would like it higher if it actually put my entire helmet in the bubble. The stock screen sends the wind straight at my face shield.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. Not sure of the brand but I'm also not sure if It would be better. I rode some interstate this weekend and kept it in the low position mostly, but I think I would like it higher if it actually put my entire helmet in the bubble. The stock screen sends the wind straight at my face shield.
I have been searching for a year for a wind screen for my '13 that will put my entire helmet in the bubble. I hate the pounding on my helmet all day long. I knew within 5 miles that the stock screen had to go. The Yammy Touring model wasn't much better. I'm now on V-Stream #2 and still searching. I ordered an X-Tall Aeroflow last year but it arrived scratched and the mount holes didn't line up. I'm hoping they got their act together now, I'd like to try one or two of them.

I also ordered a new rear tire. Mine's pretty flat in the middle.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
685 Posts
Took a couple of short rides on my local loop to test my adjustments. Been trying to dial in my suspension settings after my Traxxion Fork Spring upgrade. Checked the sag, readjusted the preload, reset the rebound and compression damping. Feels pretty good but may not be the final setup. Gonna live with this for awhile then see what happens. Not a lot to be done with the OE rear shock. Still debating, gen III, after market or live with what I got for awhile longer.
;)

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
About 330 mile NC foothills RTE with an HD buddy. Also worked with my Garmin XT gps to find some work-arounds for some of its quirky behavior.

·
Registered
120 Posts
finally got around to taking a look at my messed up vista cruise throttle lock the handle bar clamp was all kinds of messed up long story short i had to cut it off with a little dremel cutting disk and got to 3d modeling made me a new pair based of some hardware i had laying around its not perfect but it works!
Map Font Auto part Jewellery Electric blue

Plant Gesture Wheel Circle Tree

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
508 Posts
Cleaned my old iPhone 6 to be used as my GPS on my upcoming trip. No SIM card so depending on Google offline maps. I now have only a handful of apps on it. Maps, Compass, and weather! 😎

·
Registered
304 Posts
Changed final drive oil, oil & filter. Lubed stuff. Checked tire pressure. Cleaned the mirrors. Loaded the saddlebags with what I think I'll need for 8 days in the Smokies, leaving Saturday am.

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
680 Posts
R&R rear tar. Tic over 12k on the Bridgestone T32. The ride home the other evening in the downpour "reminded" me I needed to get that done.
While there, cleaned carrier, caliper and piston area. Cleaned and lubed slide pins. Cleaned and lubed rear brake pedal points.

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
680 Posts
Shifting starting to feel clunky, so changed oil and filter. Will change the final drive oil in the morning.
Blew out the air filter and swapped it's direction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the past week I installed the Yamaha Rear Rack and a Kappa 56L Top Case , put on a Pair of T Rex Engine Guards and 2 additional Brake Lights with a modulator,hopefully that will wake up the A holes texting/eating/dont give a F about motorcycles..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fiddled with my non-working ThrottleMeister and got it working. To me honest, I think it is a terrible design. I really think I'd be better off with something that is thumb actuated. Atlas? Is that a good one?

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,523 Posts
Fiddled with my non-working ThrottleMeister and got it working. To me honest, I think it is a terrible design. I really think I'd be better off with something that is thumb actuated. Atlas? Is that a good one?
I like mine, but also can't give up the grip space that you loose with the thumb ones.

What is your issue with the TM operation? You just slide your hand to the outside of the grip and grab it as you accellerate to the speed you want to hold. Then to decel you don't do anything but roll the throttle forward and the TM unlocks on its own.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like mine, but also can't give up the grip space that you loose with the thumb ones.

What is your issue with the TM operation? You just slide your hand to the outside of the grip and grab it as you accellerate to the speed you want to hold. Then to decel you don't do anything but roll the throttle forward and the TM unlocks on its own.
I'm the same way; big 'ol mitts for hands. And you know what that means. Yep, big gloves.
For one, the o-rings in the bar are not holding like they should. I adjusted it and got it to work, but just barely.
Secondly, I have not tried operating it the way you just described. I will give that a try. I thought it was a two-handed thing. I also tried twisting the TM "ON" and then twisting the throttle, but that was less than stellar. :( Thanks for the pointers.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,523 Posts
I'm the same way; big 'ol mitts for hands. And you know what that means. Yep, big gloves.
For one, the o-rings in the bar are not holding like they should. I adjusted it and got it to work, but just barely.
Secondly, I have not tried operating it the way you just described. I will give that a try. I thought it was a two-handed thing. I also tried twisting the TM "ON" and then twisting the throttle, but that was less than stellar. :( Thanks for the pointers.
I will say that I don't have the stock type inserts since I don't have stock bars on my bike. My bars are threaded and use FZ1 style adapters for the TM. But with the compression type inserts you should be able to crank them up more so that they are tighter in the bars.

Reactions: Reserector

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will say that I don't have the stock type inserts since I don't have stock bars on my bike. My bars are threaded and use FZ1 style adapters for the TM. But with the compression type inserts you should be able to crank them up more so that they are tighter in the bars.
The O-rings on my expanding insert have a D-shaped cross section. I need to figure out what size they are supposed to be and get some new ones.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,523 Posts
If there's supposed to be a rubber end cap added to the throttle tube, I don't see that on mine.
Any thoughts on what I could use instead?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
It is a hard plastic, not rubber. Sits under grip and on top throttle tube. Some folks have made their own, otherwise an oring works ok as long as you do a pretty fine adjustment.

Reactions: Reserector
2641 - 2660 of 2670 Posts