FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2601 - 2620 of 2670 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
I need to find whatever it is that's keeping my cruise control from setting. I'll turn it on but the amber light blinks and it won't set. I can get it to reset by cycling the ignition. I rode for a while using just the front brake, didn't happen. Then I rode for a while using just the rear brake, didn't happen.
Clean wheel sensors, clutch switch and brake switch (assume you had the recall so might be OK). Those are the most likely suspects...... check DiAG for codes, might see some for wheel sensors.......
Got some mechanic-ing done today. Pulled & lubed the brake pedal. Both levers recently done so I skipped those. Pulled the front brake switch housing off and apart. The light switch works fine, the CC switch is mushy not clicky. Lo and behold! Both Mammy Yammy and the NHTSA say I have a recall due. I'm really debating just buying it myself, I have no confidence in dealership personnel at all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Put the side cases on and washed all the bugs off so I can put a fresh coat of them on. Put my Vstream touring windshield on. Threw the battery on the charger and did a final inspection for my trip this weekend.

Finally got an email from Boats a couple days ago (the company that said my recovery tank was in stock and would ship within 24 hours) and it will ship May 10th. The other company I ordered one from send me an email that says my order shipped yesterday, but looking at the tracking it shows the label was printed but they're waiting on the item. So to Idaho I go with a taped up tank.

Are recovery tanks pressurized on motorcycles?

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Got some mechanic-ing done today. Pulled & lubed the brake pedal. Both levers recently done so I skipped those. Pulled the front brake switch housing off and apart. The light switch works fine, the CC switch is mushy not clicky. Lo and behold! Both Mammy Yammy and the NHTSA say I have a recall due. I'm really debating just buying it myself, I have no confidence in dealership personnel at all.
So.... I called a dealership and these boneheads wanted me to drop off the bike for them to order a part so they can "maybe" get the switch replaced in 12-15 days. I said no thanks and ordered one from about 60 miles away on the 27th, got it on the 28th and installed it on the 29th so I don't know WTF their problem is. Everything works, no left over parts.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,432 Posts
22’s in the USA are not shipping with side cases. They are included in the purchase, but don’t come with the bike. Corporate estimates earliest ship date will be September, but could go into 2023.

I purchased city cases, and I am very pleased with them, and with the bike.

On an odd, related note- Yamaha made an error and accidentally omitted the “pucks” that are necessary to use side cases. They aren’t listed with the bike or with the bags, only as an accessory.

I am using the pucks from my 2018 with the city cases, while I wait for my “accessory” set to arrive at the dealer (gratis).

I talked to Yamaha corporate about this. They understood the problem (and the potential for flying bags and warranty claims, when the ‘we bags catch up), and have opened a case to research how the error was made, and how to remediate it.
Congratulations on the new bike. Are the rumors true about the ‘22‘s not shipping with the side cases?

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,576 Posts
Took a little RTE with our old friend sector7g. He moved on from FJR to Hondapotomus to now a Tenere. He's liking it. Rode southward to sunny 84*F Mt Pleasant, SC. 500.8 mile day for me. Cruise control/brake light repair performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
680 Posts
Got my lower mileage Gen 3 rear shock delivered from the brown clowns.
Took it apart and gave all the bits a good clean and added the 5mm spacer. Then reassembled it.
Plan to swap later this week and put the higher mileage unit up for sale.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,521 Posts
Took a 2.5 hour drive up and then back this morning to pickup a hitch and spare shock to play with. Won't stop raining this weekend, so a good time for it.
Bottle Electrical wiring Audio equipment Metalworking hand tool Gas

Automotive tire Gas Machine Bumper Metal

Gas Auto part Metal Machine Wood

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
508 Posts
Spent a few hours cleaning and greasing the brake pedal, gear shifter, and brake/clutch levers. Boy the 2016 color looks pretty in the sun 😎.

Then I drove 260 miles from Seattle over Steven’s Pass, Blewitt Pass, and Snoqualmie Pass. Stunning scenery and still loads of snow

Reactions: Hawg_Dawg

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,521 Posts
Got the hitch installed - very well built. Just need to get a little black permatex to seal around the arms that come up through the fender. Now I have an excuse to build a little trailer.
White Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I got the last of the Galfer stainless steel lines installed. The OEM clutch line has some metal tubing in the middle of it, so I had to cut
it up in sections in order to get it removed from my Gen3.

Asphalt Road surface Scaled reptile Reptile Electric blue

The Galfer clutch line was much longer than the stock one (sorry, I didn't compare it to the OEM before I started to install the new one, DOH) -
I would estimate it was at least 6 inches longer than the OEM).

I made it fit anyway and am happy with the end product:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
680 Posts
Interesting - where are you getting the spacers?
Stack and made myself at my work. Just a stack of spare washers from the drawer of one of the engineers from the 4 wheel side of things.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
685 Posts
2601 - 2620 of 2670 Posts