FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2401 - 2420 of 2426 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Mr Whooshka a bike lift helps a lot. Time wise I am retired so that is not a problem as long as I get my housebitch duties done 1st.
Wish I had the room for a lift. Garages are filled with 2 SUV's, a British sports car, 1 motorcycle and 3 bicycles.

How is the Missus these days? ZRX board just isn't the same anymore.

·
Registered
2014 FJR-A
96 Posts
[QUOTE="Whooshka]
Wish I had the room for a lift. Garages are filled with 2 SUV's, a British sports car, 1 motorcycle and 3 bicycles.
[/QUOTE]

When I'm not using my lift, the SUV is parked over it in the garage. When I want to use the lift, the SUV gets parked outside for the duration. I just have to choose the time.

dan

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb the hill in my own way
Just wait a while for the right day -- Pink Floyd

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
67 Posts
Changed fork oil.
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

Regreased & re-torqued steering head / inspected bearings. I have the 50-40 deceleration hands off wobble. Bearings looked fine. I blame the PR4GT. Even though I cleaned & regreased i found them to have plenty of grease, dont know if that is typical factory ir if it was done by others prior. Judging by the semi-clear color I woudl guess factory.
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Dealer gave me the recalled front brake switch kit so i plugged that in. The little tab that locks the connector to the base plate was broken so someone has already been in there or was done at factory.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
I call BS, you just took the plastic off so you could polish up the inside surfaces. :devilish: :alien: :p

·
Registered
672 Posts
Lot of left handlers on your roads. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,524 Posts
Today. Drained the coolant, flushed the system of all that nasty smelling and somewhat chunky brown stuff. Need to wait to refill for a few days, didn't have any in stock and we are on cootie quarantine for a couple more days. Changed the oil. Removed the Pair system. Moved where the gps power supply was (put it in side the glove box). Fixed one of the cowl brackets with the captured nuts. Removed some more of the spaceship light wiring that the PO had installed. Ordered some new galfer lines, ebc pads and some pair block off plates.
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Car

Automotive tire Finger Bumper Hood Tire

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,524 Posts
Today got a little more done. Replaced the 2007 clutch master/slave with the larger displacement 2016 version. Also got the stock clutch line removed in preparation for the braided replacement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
De-funked the wheels...
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Blue

Cleaned up the U-joint then cleaned & re lubed all the splines with some Honda moly. Changing rear gear oil...will let it drip a couple days. Installed the rear shock mud flap all the FJRs got stock except the ones like mine.
Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

Bolted the bars back up & tidied up some of the wiring...more orderly now.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Light Automotive tire

Up next...brakes & controls. Also need to install a battery tender lead & GPS power lead to stay on the bike. Will just run the GPS cord back to the power port in the glove box--I'll plug it in there when needed. Will take it in thru the drain hole.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,524 Posts
Got the coolant in, will have to wait a month or so to see if I guessed right on the fill level. Not a lot left to do until the lines and pads come in. Suppose I should go through the spiders while everything is apart

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Nothing much to guess on the fill level, just fill it...... whatcha mean?
As for the reservoir, I fill mine ~3/4" above the max line, and after a coupla cooling cycles, it settles at max.

Perfect time to check the spiders.....

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,524 Posts
Nothing much to guess on the fill level, just fill it...... whatcha mean?
As for the reservoir, I fill mine ~3/4" above the max line, and after a coupla cooling cycles, it settles at max.
That is the guess. I filled the system up to the top and guessed at about 1 inch above the max line as how much air will still be in the system.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Not critical IMHO on the reservoir level... if it ends up a tad above max, sobeit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm guessing your gps power is usb from the glovebox aux power? Or is it cigarette lighter plug?
I have a cord with a cig lighter on it or a USB cord that I can use with a cig to USB adaptor. Have not decided which to mount on the bike yet, either way just plugging into the power port.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,001 Posts
I have a cord with a cig lighter on it or a USB cord that I can use with a cig to USB adaptor. Have not decided which to mount on the bike yet, either way just plugging into the power port.
I asked b/c he mentioned both a battery tender and a gps power from the glove box. I f the gps is usb powered, he won't need the glove box power if the battery tender is routed toward the handlebars. There's a tender-to-usb adapter, just plug in gps there.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
For just a GPS, perhaps use a fuse tap in the Hazard fuse as on Gen3 it is separate from the main fuse panels... it switches on via the ignition as does the glove box outlet. Save your space for storage, not a big lighter socket......

2401 - 2420 of 2426 Posts