FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2361 - 2380 of 2426 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Changed the curbfeelers.

Haynes
Auto part Metal Soil Steel Household hardware

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Ha, you shoulda replaced those with the kind that throw sparks..... a couple of years ago, followed 3 Harleys who wouldn't let us pass on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but were weaving back and forth in front of us showing off their shower of sparks from their curb feelers... quite the spark show quite frankly, but us real men on FJR's just waited for a straight section and left them in the wake of our stock exhausts.

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
120 Posts
Checked the steering head bearings, was surprised I had a 36mm socket, dropped the rubber spacer that was between the jamb nut and the main nut :cry:, took 20 minutes to find, it ended up under the fuel tank. Slid the forks up 10mm, I can run a couple lbs lower front tire pressure and still have a neutral feel. Now @38lbs up front and it feels good. New battery in a couple day's.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
530 Posts
Adjusted the tire pressures due to the cooler weather. Went for a little ride just to blow out some of the cobwebs in my brain then swapped out the Smuggler and reinstalled the panniers, trunk and pillion seat. I'm dreading the coming winter weather. I just hate the cold. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Early morning Sunday loop down to San Diego, out past Alpine, Sunrise HWY to Julian for coffee and picked up a pie for the wife. Home through Oceanside and back in San Clemente before noon. No traffic and Sunrise Highway is pretty scenic this time of the year. Pie survived a fast 95 mile trip home tucked into the Givi box.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I spared my FJR from being subjected to snow, sleet, ice and salt, and took my trusty, low mileage Super Tenere out for a leisurely 200km ride in balmy +1C temperatures. I love riding in the fall: no bugs.

Haynes
Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive mirror

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Life at the 49th parallel, lol...... here way down on the 44th, we had 5 minutes of sleet today, the first bit of white crap we've seen. Sun came out after, was up to 9C today. Er, no bugs here either, lol.

Reactions: Haynes

·
Registered
'18 GL1800 Goldwing, '98 Shadow VT1100T, '16 FJR 1300 (Sold)
179 Posts
Thats a little too cold for me... was 5 here yesterday and ended up seeing, sun, rain, hail and snow in parts of Ottawa.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
530 Posts
Ok probably too early but since I don't have a garage and don't want to get caught off guard by the coming winter weather put in my seafoam, rode to my bil's house, into his garage, put on the cover, plugged in the tender and all but shed a tear as she is now down for her long winter's nap. Just missed a vicious thunderstorm with quarter size hail and high winds with insane gusts. Have I mentioned that I hate the winter. :cautious:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok probably too early but since I don't have a garage and don't want to get caught off guard by the coming winter weather put in my seafoam, rode to my bil's house, into his garage, put on the cover, plugged in the tender and all but shed a tear as she is now down for her long winter's nap. Just missed a vicious thunderstorm with quarter size hail and high winds with insane gusts. Have I mentioned that I hate the winter. :cautious:
On the bright side, at least your precious isn’t going to get thrashed out in the elements all winter!

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,524 Posts
It was 50 today, so I took it out for a bunch of errands and then just about dropped it in the garage when my boot slid in some oil on the floor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Santa came early. I moved the bike today and prepped the area in the garage to work on it. Put a couple space heaters in the garage, 1k watt halogens so I can see better, and laid out the presents to my FJR so it could see it’s presents early. Now I can start but first some pictures… This actually serves a purpose, to remind me of what needs to go on before I think I’m done and put it back together. Not like that’s ever happened before ;)

What you see back, left to right
  • Yammy Touring Windshield
  • Battery Tender. Old one was about 15yrs old, no probs, let’s just get a fresh one.
  • 1 qt Yamalube. I needed another $4 to get free shipping. I’ll use it. Saved $18
  • Barkduster Storms
  • PIAA Slim sports horns (400 & 500)
  • 20’ Split loom
  • 4’ Heat resistant tubing
  • 25’ quality 14awg Black/Red dual wire (hiding behind the Garmin)
  • Air gauge (actually for the garage, tool bag has a pencil one)
  • Helibars mount w/RAM Ball
  • Odinsberg Rollup Tool Bag (stocked with tools, specific to the bike, that was inexpensive…not!)
  • LED Headlamp
  • Eastern Beaver (EB) Dual horn splitter
  • EB 20a High Power Horn Relay Kit (not needed for the PIAA’s but if I decide to go bigger, I can, plus it gives me a 20a relay too all wired and ready to go) and with the powerlink splitter it’s only 1 connection to the battery, nice and tidy)
  • EB Powerlink Splitter
  • Garmin Zumo XT and Case
  • EB PC-8 and Wire harness w/Powerlink connector
  • 2 Powerlet
  • low profile sockets
  • On the bike, Townsends helmet lock mounts with holes for the Powerlet sockets
What you don’t see
  • Yammy 50L To case (back ordered till late Jan)
  • Yammy Top case pads for pillion (back ordered)
  • Yammy Top case mount (back ordered)
  • Yammy Top case bag
Because I know someones gunna say something. Eastern Beaver really makes quality stuff. He had the things to kind of future proof some of this. I hate changing my mind a year later then wishing I had spent the extra $ to keep me from redoing it. I had some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I only have to take the tupperware apart and lift the gas tank once to route wires, so get it all now.

I know ya’ll will appreciate it much more then my girlfriend. Who rolled her eyes and said, and I quote “that’s nice dear” and went right back in the house :rolleyes::censored: Now to really get her panties in a wad I’ll be out here for several days a little here and a little there <snicker, snicker>

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bag Electronic instrument

Light Eyewear Gadget Audio equipment Cable

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Face Photograph Human Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
120 Posts
I put on a new Yamaha touring windshield, now it's going to be wet for the next couple day's so I can't do a test ride.

2361 - 2380 of 2426 Posts