FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2341 - 2353 of 2353 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,816 Posts
Just to add to this thought.... I find many OEM grips are too small a diameter, and depending on throttle spring stiffness, causes you to grip tighter..... the fix, larger diameter grips.... Grip Buddies over OEM heated grips will conduct the heat and not absorb water. Other things you can do is wrap with bicycle handlebar tape.
I find just the opposite. Grip Buddies and Puppies are too large and make my forearms ache horribly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Said a sad prayer to my “ written off “ 2015 FJR , and started a new journey with a new 2020 Super 10 ! If I enjoy it half as much as the FJR , I will be impressed!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Born in Brooklyn, lived on LI for over 30 years. So hard to find riding roads that weren't congested. Good luck with the move!

Reactions: BigOgre

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
486 Posts
So yesterday picked up the bike from the dealer and kicking myself for bringing it in but currently no other choice. New metzeler roadtec 01 se front and rear with Hawk's head metal T valve stems. No issue there but the price and the fact that they were under inflated. Forks with upgraded Traxxion Spring kit however charged 50 bucks more than the price originally discussed and didn't change the bushings. Did I get the 7W oil I requested somehow I doubt it. Couple other maintenance items I requested no way to tell. You know how it is when have been lied to you just don't believe anything. They did do the ignition switch recall which apparently had never been done and I guess now I'll need to re tweak the suspension settings. On a brighter note today I installed my new fobo 2 sensors and went for a little shake down ride about 2 hours. Fobo is cool, happy with them. 😃

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,316 Posts
If all you were doing was installing the spring kit, no bushings or seals would need to be replaced (curious though, how many miles since the last set?). Why not ask about what oil they put in, they should know. As for your suspension settings, shouldn't be much different damping than you had, but the preload would be much less.... like nearly all lines showing, depending what you weigh.

Yep, why I do all my work myself............

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
443 Posts
Curious, but did you not get a list of what was done? And glance at it before you left with the bike?
Do a walk around inspection of the bike before leaving?
Address the $50 overcharge with someone? Or conatc them about the oher issues or work not completed?
More folks need to hold shops accountable and get some reasoning or explanation.

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
486 Posts
If all you were doing was installing the spring kit, no bushings or seals would need to be replaced (curious though, how many miles since the last set?). Why not ask about what oil they put in, they should know. As for your suspension settings, shouldn't be much different damping than you had, but the preload would be much less.... like nearly all lines showing, depending what you weigh.

Yep, why I do all my work myself............
Original seals and bushings. Just shy of 20,000 mi. My thoughts were if it's apart might as well do it. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Besides the quote was to rebuild the forks the Spring upgrade was incidental. They used Yammi oil not the specific oil I requested as recommended by Traxxion which is why I'm skeptical. Probably not bad all in all just that feeling that they can't be trusted. Oh and I'm about 200 lbs these days and they set the preload at 2 lines showing. Nose dive is improved but not totally gone but very slight now. Ride seems a little harsh but I need more time on it to really assess it. Nice having new rubber though. 😕

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
486 Posts
Curious, but did you not get a list of what was done? And glance at it before you left with the bike?
Do a walk around inspection of the bike before leaving?
Address the $50 overcharge with someone? Or conatc them about the oher issues or work not completed?
More folks need to hold shops accountable and get some reasoning or explanation.
Everything was listed on the invoice just that things seemed to have changed since our original discussion. Dealt with the shop manager who I say was the problem. A different guy than I dealt with before though I haven't been there since 2012 according to their records. The quick visual I did before I left couldn't tell anything. Maybe I'm just getting cynical in me old age. :oops:

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A
443 Posts
Nope, just was wondering how they flubbed it. Sadly is the reputation of many dealers today, both bike and car.

·
Registered
2013 FJR 1300A
24 Posts
I just swapped out my stock shield for a Yamaha touring shield I bought off eBay. At 6’1”, this made a big difference for me. Just did a test ride out to the airport and back it is exactly what I hoped it would be. I also like the FJR etched on the side of the shield.

2341 - 2353 of 2353 Posts