FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

2021 - 2040 of 2048 Posts

·
Registered
'16 FJR 1300, '98 Shadow VT1100T
41 Posts
Ordered the VStream 90803 windscreen. Should be here tomorrow. ( So it turns out it arrived today!!)) Going to put it on this weekend. Still waiting to install the highway pegs from Garauld, and the decals for the front fairings. It's still scheduled to go into the shop for the Recalls... UGH

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
Got loads to do and sell! Putting luggage straps in the saddlebags, ordered the F2 LED headlight bulbs. Been reading the owners manual for my new-to-me '13 to figure out the variable digital display. What a PITA!!

·
Registered
2021 FJR
66 Posts
Today I got my new 2021 FJR titled and registered. I had an appointment at the county office and was done in under 10 minutes, titled and new plate. Here in Montana, all "toys" like motorcycles, ATV, boats, etc. get a permanent plate, meaning I never have to register it again. Total cost: $102.23.

·
Registered
2020 FJR 1300ES
60 Posts
Finished break-in today and passed 1k mark on the '20. Nice 80* day. Bags and top case off. Decided to get aggressive with the throttle and Holy Sheeeite! The more I ride the FJR the I love her. Have a great day gents!

·
Registered
'15 FJR1300A
208 Posts
I fixed a brain fart. I recently replaced the rear tire and apparently did not tighten the rear brake caliper bolts. :rolleyes:
I have ridden about 200 miles with the rear caliper bolts not even finger tight. Time to grab both ears and pull my head out of my keester.

·
Registered
2021 FJR
66 Posts
I removed the silly warning sticker from the tank on my 2021. After peeling off the clear plastic overlay, I used a plastic kitchen scraper which I had filed the edge of to take a little off at a time. Once removed I used WD-40 on a terry cloth rag to remove the goo. Then I touched things up with some polishing. It’s like it was never there.

Why remove it? I don’t like the constant reminder that lawyers know that a huge portion of the population are morons.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I removed the silly warning sticker from the tank on my 2021. After peeling off the clear plastic overlay, I used a plastic kitchen scraper which I had filed the edge of to take a little off at a time. Once removed I used WD-40 on a terry cloth rag to remove the goo. Then I touched things up with some polishing. It’s like it was never there.

Why remove it? I don’t like the constant reminder that lawyers know that a huge portion of the population are morons.
Hair dryer works every time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm torn on removing mine. Bike is 14 years old, but may not have much fading due to only 16k miles when I got it.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
I leave them on... ever buy a vintage bike with the original stickers? Gives the impression somebody took better care of it??, maybe not, but I lilke seeing the original stickers on an older bike.

Reactions: Recalled

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300
25 Posts
Moved it to a new home today.

(Hell no I didn't get rid of it, I literally moved it to a new home!) Finally bought a new house and it gets it's own space now!:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Added new Admore Light Pro Bar. Inspected air filter since I had to pull off the side panel, the Admore harness made install super easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rode the bejeezus out of it (and yesterday, and the day before). 3 day ride, 950 miles from Tri-cities Washington down across northern Oregon, back up to Lewiston, ID then down Idaho 12 to Kamiah on Friday. Did the P1 loop in northern Idaho and went partially up Lolo Pass on Saturday (lodge at the top wasn't answering so I didn't know if we'd be able to get gas). Then a quick jaunt home today. Sargent seat was so much better than the stock seat. TBS sync last week made a huge difference. Don't know if the new iridium plugs made any difference.

·
Registered
2008 Fjr1300, 2012 CBF1000
109 Posts
Installed the Givi SR357 rack on top of the stiffy kit. All very straight forward and painless. Now I have to get a kappa or givi monokey case with the backrest to complete the set up for my wife. I'll transfer my old pelican case and mounting plate over to my CBF1000 so I have some storage there when I ride solo.

·
Registered
2021 FJR
66 Posts
I installed the T-Rex engine and luggage protectors today on my 2021. Easy job.

Reactions: Hogman63

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since my FJR is still waiting to go into the shop for the 2nd gear recall.. I decided to buy her an older and slightly smaller brother.... Picked up a '98 Honda Shadow VT1100T with 107,000km's on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well I started to rewire my extra fusebox and put a relay to it and then got involved in someone eles project. I am not an electrician by any means and thought I had it all figured out until I took a break to help someone else but today I started back on the FJR and I have 14 wires that I do not remember what they went to. I might just pay someone else to fix it right.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Finally done with it and everything working so now take it off the lift and put the ZRX on the lift for a little maintenance. Time to go play on the FJR again !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I started mine the other day just to make sure the battery was still ok... .and maybe to hear her 'purr'... stupid recall... still waiting...

2021 - 2040 of 2048 Posts