FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

2001 - 2020 of 2048 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mounted a set of Angel GT’s.
Front tire (MetzlerM3) still got about half its life left but I got a bit of a hands-off-bars-shimmy I’m trying to nail down.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
Mounted a set of Angel GT’s.
Front tire (MetzlerM3) still got about half its life left but I got a bit of a hands-off-bars-shimmy I’m trying to nail down.
You know what has to be done :rolleyes:. The only thing that worked for many of us. any threads on the subject.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You know what has to be done :rolleyes:. The only thing that worked for many of us. any threads on the subject.
I tightened up the head bearings and had a little improvement. If I feel no change I’m adjusting them one mo time.
Then it might look like a winter project.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Only know of one other guy that has done this mod... an A with USD forks on it.
They fitted with Traxxion AK-20's and 1.10 springs.... totally AMAZING bike now.

This project took the better part of a month trying to get all the parts from Japan to show up.
What are the forks off of?

·
Registered
2020 FJR 1300ES
60 Posts
Weather finally broke. Sunny and 60's. Finally got a chance to try out the touring screen. Raised seat to upper position and did a quick 50 miles. Like the added 4" height. Able to adjust and still see over screen. Much improved and quieter air. Killed 1.2 million bugs. Your welcome

·
Registered
94 Posts
This weekend:
  • Final gear oil change (man 80W90 oil REEKS)
  • Rear brake pads
  • Checked front brake pads
  • Replaced coolant with Peak OET Asian Blue
  • Throttle body sync

Tried syncing to #3. Ended up turning #4 all the way in and it was still out of sync. So I turned #4 screw 3/4 turn out and synced everything to it. Holy shit it runs so much better. Will have to do a valve adjustment this winter and resync again. Vacuum caps were cracked but I found some at O'Reilley's. 5 pack of 1/8" vacuum caps for cheap. They were a little longer than the ones I had on there.

After running the bike stationary for so long, I noticed it got up to 6 bars on the temp gauge but the fans never kicked on. When do the fans kick on?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I tightened up the head bearings and had a little improvement. If I feel no change I’m adjusting them one mo time.
Then it might look like a winter project.
The new Angel GT front tire fixed my little shimmy. :) Previous tire was a half worn Metzler M3.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300AE
20 Posts
Changed the original shield to the Yamaha Touring windshield, that I was able to get thanks to jblanken64!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Shook my head at it as high beam out on one side and the low beam out on the other.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally finished removing the center stand and lubing the center & side stand, swing arm, shift arm,etc. Boy was that a PITA. Got new rear shoes; Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. Which now I see I need new front shoes. It seems to never end. Noticed my gas mileage is crappy, so I’m sure I also need to do Throttle Body sync and new spark plugs. 🤷

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
Finally finished removing the center stand and lubing the center & side stand, swing arm, shift arm,etc. Boy was that a PITA. Got new rear shoes; Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. Which now I see I need new front shoes. It seems to never end. Noticed my gas mileage is crappy, so I’m sure I also need to do Throttle Body sync and new spark plugs. 🤷
I use the same PP2CT in the front as well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Reactions: Metalo

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
According to Whisky Bible 2021, Alberta Premium Cask Strength was voted best whisky in the world! Lots of Alberta Premium around but can’t find the Cask Strength. I’m from Alberta to maybe blowing my own horn.

2001 - 2020 of 2048 Posts