FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1981 - 2000 of 2048 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
That sucks but glad it all worked out good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
Yikes, so any idea why the drain plug would come loose?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Yikes, so any idea why the drain plug would come loose?
RaYzerman,

Sure! Gremlins. These critters love to dis-assemble stuff on machinery. They had a population explosion back around WW-2. They kinda died off mostly since then, but now they often have community nests in Harley shops and HD clubs. HD riders use tiny tinkling bells on the bike to ward off the gremlins, but with mixed results for the bells. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha FJR1300ES
16 Posts
Installed a Vstream N20308 screen that's 2" taller than stock. Easy to install and it gets the wind up over my helmet when all the way up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like my V Stream too. Haven’t tried anything else. But stock wasn’t gonna work for me. I’m 5’11” and I needed more height at highway speeds.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dumped my engine oil out. Unfortunately at the time I was doing about 65 mph :mad:.
Un-frikken-believable.
Woowwww...
Glad it did not turn into a major disaster Russ, very weird close call for sure and one more notch in the “experience” bar...
Cheers,
Daniel

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I replaced the water pump on my 2008 AE 56,000 miles. I found a low mileage (9K) 2018 pump and ordered both O rings, coolant recovery tank. I noticed mine was cracked and found a few drops of oil in it. The mechanical seal in the bearing housing failed letting oil by but no coolant leaked from weep hole. Thanks to "Red" info that in 2013 Yamaha finally started to sell completer water pumps vs pressing bearings out to replace mechanical seal in housing. I used my 2008 cover so the color matched.

I noticed a few drops of oil on the shop floor from setting on center stand this winter. It was leaking out of the water pump bottom drain bolt with copper washer on the pump. I drained the oil and replaced the pump and used O ring lube and installed it and flushed old (2 years) antifreeze with distilled water .I flushed it twice and heat cycled it two times each flush, to remove all the oil green antifreeze out. No oil in antifreeze, I used clean drain pan. This time I used Honda Extended Life antifreeze looks blue FSM said don't mix different antifreeze.

While I had the fairing off changed/bled clutch fluid and new oil/filter and new rear end lube. Rode it 50 miles checked coolant tank after it cooled off, at full line .Replaced side fairings and rode it another hour :) What a PIA on a Gen II just to get too radiator cap not one of Yamaha better idea's.

The brake fluid still looks clear see penny in master cylinder and used Rayzerman ABS switch and activated the ABS pump several times. Getting better with removing the fairing and replacing it correctly, Ready for Sunday ride with member " Maximrebel " and several others. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed a PCV ( game changer), Yosh R-77 branded pipes and a heated corbin seat as well as a oil change now I still have the new brake lines, speed bleeders, kisan signal minder, highway pegs and next week I will get a McCruise control, Healtech quick shifter and a new wind screen.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oil change, clutch lever service, greased a few pivot points.

Big one today was the CCT update. That was a pain in the ass. The bolt closest to the frame was a bitch to get loose and out. Ended up cutting a cheap 8mm wrench in half and getting it started that way. Managed to drop a 10mm socket IN the frame, of course (the part with the hole in it for you to tighten the bolt on the end of the CCT). Luckily the frame is aluminum and my sockets aren't. Got a super strong magnet and my tweezers and got it out, thankfully. Took her out for a quick ride. Didn't notice any difference in sound. Old one definitely didn't have any paint dots. Glad to have the peace of mind it's changed though. Bike has 57k miles on it.

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
285 Posts
I removed my front tire beads and did a proper balance using weights. Much easier than expected. I also installed a USB port in the panel right above the battery compartment on the right hand side

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Installed the missing rubber flap on my rear fender, did so without removing the tire, very easy. If you don't have one and would like to add it to your bike: Part # 5JW-21621-10-00

Reactions: rbentnail

·
Registered
40 Posts
Replace the rear shock on my 06 series II with a new Series III Shock yesterday. Wow what a difference. Only had time for a quick 150 km run but what I difference. I am 250 pounds and 6' 1", so much smoother ride and I have not dialed it in yet only left it at the factory settings. Will wait until I do a longer run to dial it in properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - Removed my hardwired Garmin mount.
2 - Removed the battery tender.
3 - Added a Eastern Beaver PC-8 with FJR wiring kit.
4 - Rewired both the Garmin and tender to the PC-8
5 - Added Clearwater Darla lights to the front forks.
6 - Changed the engine and differential oil.
7 - Flushed and filled the coolant system.
8 - Replaced the air filter.

9 - Took a long nap!

Reactions: ReRose and Hogman63

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently purchased Delkevic 17" Tri Ovals. At first I wanted to install headers too, so I took the plastics off. After talking with Ivan, I sent them back. I figured while the plastics were off, might as well upgrade to LED Headlights.
So today was re-install the ECM, upgrade the LED's, and re-insall the plastics. Took it for a short spin to get some gas, and run the little leftover from last year out of it. Early impressions of the tune are much improved throttle response, and no popping on decel. More to come on that. The slip ons were quiet (baffles in), but noticeable difference in tone. Waiting for night time to evaluate the headlights. The beam pattern on the garage door was similar to the stock halogens, with a nice sharp cut off for the low beams.

Reactions: Hogman63
1981 - 2000 of 2048 Posts